Eagletac G25C2 XM-L2 or Olight M22 XM-L2?

kj2

Flashaholic
Am torn between the Eagletac G25C2 XM-L2 and the Olight M22 XM-L2.

G25C2:
980/449/86/7 lumens, Beam distance: 323 yards / 295 meters, Center lux: 21,800 lux

M22:
950/250/20 lumens, Beam distance 305 meters, Center lux: 23,256 lux

The G25C2 has more modes but the M22 throws a little bit further (don't think I will see it ;) )
The M22 has a little bit more intensity what I like.

I ordered a G25C2 a while back. Have send that light back because of the bad quality coating.

I want to use my new light for self-defence, patrolling a large camping-site, light-up a large area.

kj2

Flashaholic
Based on the numbers and what you know about the quality of these brands. Which one would you choose?

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, G25C2 MkII.

More accessories. Diffusers, color filters, battery extenders, etc.
Better UI, similar to that of Maelstrom's "keep loosening the head for lower outputs".
Lower low. Seriously, Olight, 20 lumen low mode?
Regulation selection. G25C2 series come with step or stepless runtime curves.

kj2

Flashaholic
The G25C2 does have some nice accessories, but the colour filters and extensions are optional. And I don't think I'll use those.
Maybe a diffuser yes, but no colour-stuff. And I want to use 1* 18650. I never used a UI like the M22 has. Maybe it's just a thing of getting used to.
20 lumens on low in fine to me, for what I be doing with this light.
Because the M22 is very new, I don't know anything about regulation with this light.
The M22 has more "teeth" which I like :)

Problem is also. My Eagletac dealer here isn't going to sell the G25C2 XM-L2 version soon. He still has plenty of XM-L and he first want to sell those.
I can't argue with that ;)

I do say, that the G25C2 looks better :)

Think I just have to wait for some reviews of the M22, and wait until my dealer here has the G25C2 XM-L2 version in stock.

Last edited:

endoracing

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the the g25c2 mkii is 1030 or 1180 lumens? And also if the xm-l2 version is available yet? I posted in the general g25c2 thread as well since I am ready to pull the trigger just not sure what is actually available and being sold right now.

Best I can tell is the 1030 lumens is the xm-l2 led but many sites are listing it as the xm-l by mistake? I'm really lost on this one.

Any clarification is appreciated...

kj2

Flashaholic
Am I missing something? It seems that the Eagletac is the better light between the two?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iigooNuhkEQ

Can anyone explain to me why you would choose the Olight M22 vs Eagletac G25C2 MKII?
I ended up with the M22. It took long before my dealer here had the XM-L2 version of the G25C2. I'd the G25C2 (xm-l) earlier, but on that sample there where some chips in the coating.
Also, I like the holster of the M22 more. I still have the feeling, those lights will fall-out those Eagletac holsters.

Biggest negative I had on the G25C2 was that; it didn't go head-down inside his holster when filter was installed.

Further I hope Eagletac keeps their QC up on the coating. Even my GX25A3 which I bought later, had some chips.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight M22 XM-L2 T6 it just works and doesn't require the maintenance of the Eagletac G25C2 XM-L2. I too have experienced problems with the finish.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I missing something? It seems that the Eagletac is the better light between the two?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iigooNuhkEQ

Can anyone explain to me why you would choose the Olight M22 vs Eagletac G25C2 MKII?

That Eagletac has a little bigger and deeper reflector and therefore has a little more throw due to a tighter beam.

Some people would consider the Throwier light better because they prefer that type of beam profile.

Last edited:

sbholliday

Newly Enlightened
Eagle tec looks better to me. Here is my favorite review video comparing them. On amazon I did see a couple neg. comments on the Eagletac G25C2 MKII, e.g. one person said the head got hot after being on high for 40 mins. I think that is normal and to be expected. I would only put it on high for 5 mins. at a time b/c it would hurt passerby's eyes. Both have great reviews. This video below is pretty compelling. The same person does a warmer/neutral vs cooler comparion on his same channel that is nice too. I decided to go for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iigooNuhkEQ

Flashoholic223

Newly Enlightened
i own the m22 and have been quite pleased with how it has functioned durable and the holster is good the only problem i had with olight was with m21x and when i fully tightened the head it would flicker a little bit but hope you have success with the m22:wave:

Latest posts