Might be on TV!

Ross

Enlightened
Hi folks,
I was working tonight (I am a police officer in Edinburgh, UK). I was at the scene of a break in to a pub/restaurant and had just discovered the entry point (a smashed lower pane of a window) so I called for a dog handler to attend to search the building. When he and his dog arrived, so did a camera crew - they are filming the dog handlers for a new program called 'Dog Squad' - on BBC if anyone's interested. So, there I am, shining my lovely Tigerlight around & drowning out every other light, including the one on the top of the TV camera! I got interviewed regarding the break in.
Incidentally, there was no-one within the building but we do have a line of enquiry....
Keep your eyes pealed!!

Ross

Tomas

Banned
If you find you made it on the program, Ross, let us know. If so you might even make it over here to the the US - an amazing number of BBC things do make it on the air here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adron

Newly Enlightened
SWEET!!
I was on the BBC 1 once. I was in the U.S.Air Force stationed at RAF Mildenhall a few years ago. We were doing an aid mission in Mosambique and when we landed at the air strip there was a camera crew there doing a documentary on the wild life in the area. I didn't get interviewed or anything, but you could clearly see me in the back ground if you recorded the broadcast and paused it on playback! That was my 1/8 of a second of fame on national TV.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill keep an eye out for the prog, and capture it on my comp. If i ever get on TV, i suspect ill be in the back of a panda car with a blanket over my head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was on TV for about 4 minutes on Fox Sports Net a few years back (August 21, 1999), while attending a baseball game here in Seattle. I don't have cable, but KIRO-7 here in Seattle used part of this footage on the 5:00 news.

oct1-3.jpg

I'm the one with the baseball glove, with the "The Nie Haus" sign hanging on the railing in front of me.
(This picture was taken of the TV set itself, that's why it looks crappy).

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Ross said:

...So, there I am, shining my lovely Tigerlight around & drowning out every other light, including the one on the top of the TV camera!

Ross

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! And that's not easy to do... those halogens
are bright!! And I'll bet that your tigerlight
puts out a fraction of the heat that the TV lamp
does.

I'm on tv weekly in my hometown... I do a segment
about 'puters on a local program, in spite of
the fact that I have a great face for radio! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:

I'm the one with the baseball glove, with the "The Nie Haus" sign hanging on the railing in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif So what does "Nie Haus" mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
Very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif So what does "Nie Haus" mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Our baseball announcer's name is Dave Niehaus, so that banner is like a tribute to him. He even autographed it a couple of years back. I think the cleaners disposed of it last year when I was away, because I can't find it anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
Yea Dano, don't keep us in the dark!

GregR

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!
I'll never tell!!!

--dan

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:

Our baseball announcer's name is Dave Niehaus, so that banner is like a tribute to him. He even autographed it a couple of years back. I think the cleaners disposed of it last year when I was away, because I can't find it anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha... thanks. Sorry to hear that the banner
got trashed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ross-

Were you on TV? Did you see it or was it taped for you?

GregR