Anybody own a Lux FB1 Fat Boy?

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can find close nothing about it in here. Definitely something i might wanna buy but not without reviews

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps i posted in the wrong forum but i figured people should be talking about a 6,000 lumen LED in here anyway

Up All Night

Enlightened
i'm not interested in the review of the company who sells it, which is pretty much all i can find. I found just about one unbiased comment that it's 'High quality' and nothing more

Hmm.., I just searched it and it came back with a few hits. Only one regarding the Fat Boy with three posts.
Terribly sorry you are not interested!.........NOT!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.., I just searched it and it came back with a few hits. Only one regarding the Fat Boy with three posts.
Terribly sorry you are not interested!.........NOT!

Lol what are u supposed to be like the Bad Boy of this forum? And what sense does it make anyway to tell someone to google their question when we're in a discussion forum, why even have a forum then?

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm not interested in the review of the company who sells it, which is pretty much all i can find. I found just about one unbiased comment that it's 'High quality' and nothing more

I re-read this and it can definately sound cocky I apologize. The way it sounds was not how i meant to say it, i was just trying to point out that whenever I see a review from the manufactuer I can only take what they say with a grain of salt. And your reply shocked me because i didn't occur to me that my post sounded cocky, sorry.

Dface

Newly Enlightened
Lux FB1 - $3000 :poof:

P.S. Here we can not discuss the FB1

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked myself, as there were a few threads about it. One had a beamshot. Cant find them either.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FB1 is not yet available. Current estimated release date is "Q1 2013" but previous Lux-RC lights have taken longer than forecasted.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FB1 is not yet available. Current estimated release date is "Q1 2013" but previous Lux-RC lights have taken longer than forecasted.

Oh ok. I can't wait till it comes out & gets picked apart, something seems fishy about it, from what i've been learning in here the 6,000 lumen output off of 3 186500 defies physics! Too much current & heat, etc., unless this light has some sort of patented technology that nobody knows about yet, otherwise it sounds like false advertisement

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok. I can't wait till it comes out & gets picked apart, something seems fishy about it, from what i've been learning in here the 6,000 lumen output off of 3 186500 defies physics! Too much current & heat, etc., unless this light has some sort of patented technology that nobody knows about yet, otherwise it sounds like false advertisement

A typical 18650 has 10-12Wh of Energy. Since they can usually be discharged at 2C, the batteries can give of 20-24W of energy. For 3 18650s this means 60-66W of energy.

6 XM-L2s at 3A (around 60W + driver losses) will produce 6000 lumen.

Up All Night

Enlightened
I re-read this and it can definately sound cocky I apologize. The way it sounds was not how i meant to say it, i was just trying to point out that whenever I see a review from the manufactuer I can only take what they say with a grain of salt. And your reply shocked me because i didn't occur to me that my post sounded cocky, sorry.

No worries, my reply was less than tactful. An overreaction on my part.
The search suggestion was not intended to be dismissive of your query, it's the first thing I check when looking for something specific.
:thumbsup:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
FB1 is supposed to have 12 leds I thought. Lux-RC has a much better reputation than the assorted X-fire brands so I tend to think they are closer to the claimed numbers than not. Even if its emitter and not ansi. Some of the markets custom makers used their triple boards in lights at one time before they themselves started making their own from what I understand. They also make their own boards in Russia, not China.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lumens would likely be spec'd as emitter lumens, but it's still a lot of lumens.
Their triples are spec'd at 1600 emitter lumens, so 1600 x 4 = 6400 emitter lumens, if they drive all 12 as hard as the triples are driven.
It has 4 batteries, not 3.
Typically, the run times on these lights is shorter than we normally expect from many lights, but it is because they are compact and high power.
Their quality of production is very high. Some of the best available.
Cost is also very high.
Regarding the cooling, it is reported to have some sort of small built-in cooling fan system for when it gets hot. This cooling fan system is claimed to cool the fins inside the shroud, but still the light is waterproof. I think this means that the fan is magnetically driven, and the blade needs no electrical connection to the motor. I think this fan is programmed to only come on when the thermal sensor says it is needed.

I can't afford this light, but if I had a lot of extra money I would be strongly attracted to getting it.

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok 4 batteries my fault. No doubt i could be wrong about what i said u guys know way more than me I need a good 'Flashlights For Dummies' article/book. This light sounds like the greatest light by far...until...you mentioned the shorter runtimes than we're used to, damn almost perfect

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the Lux-RC web site, the run time for maximum output is projected at 10 minutes on 18350 IMR batteries, and 50 minutes on 18650 ICR batteries. This isn't particularly surprising given the high output the light is capable of.

I am an owner of a Lux-RC FL33 light. It's very well built, and is a work of art. These lights always sell out very quickly, and everyone who buys one seems to be happy with it. I don't know the cost for the FB1, but I expect it will be fairly expensive.