Klarus

Thread: Small-Med EDC light

Enlightened

Default Small-Med EDC light

Hi everyone

I bought my first quality light last year after reading on CPF selected for Quark X AA-2 for use at work. I've been happy with the light and versatility of it. This has gotten the ball rolling on buying more quality lights, planning on LD01 for my car keys and looking for a headlamp for work. I'm looking to adding a 4-5" EDC light to my now building collection. Looking for a light I can pocket easily for general use outdoors as I will be ATVing this year. The Quark X 123A-2 has caught my eye, more lumens for longer range/wider area and small enough to put in a pocket. What other lights with a similar size would be a good choice?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Small-Med EDC light

Pretty much any of the reputable makers have nice 2x 123 lights. Just depends on what specs you want, though most are pretty similar, and your wallet. Quarks are a nice light. There are also (and in no particular order)

Surefire
    Malkoff
    Pelican
    Streamlight
    Maglite (yes they have a 2x 123 battery light)
    Eagletac
    Fenix
    Sunwayman
    Olight
    Jetbeam
    Nitecore
    Lumapower
    and prob a bunch I am forgetting
    Keep it between the ditches and the shiny side up.

jetbeam mk2?

For a slightly larger light with good modes, see the XENO E03, but given that you already have the Quark (I have the same light) you might enjoy a more noticeably smaller light that will be unobtrusive in your pocket like an EagleTac D25A or D25C.

Enlightened

Ya the 6" of the Quark is fine on a holster but I'm looking for something I can put in my jeans that won't take up a ton of space. It seems with wallet, keys, 2 cell phones (personal and work) pocket space is prime and not looking to use a holster for day to day while in casual wear.