Remote switch

Chief31

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to wire in a remote switch to this clicky push switch.

B60127BE-D0EF-4AD6-B8BB-CE70CFEAEA2F-2754-0000024E91D22460.jpg

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
theoretically, I'd say yes.

practically... it depends on whether you can use a meter to figure out which of the switch leads to solder to, whether you can solder well enough to connect wires for the remote switch, whether you can figure out how to route the wires out of the housing, etc.

ianfield

Newly Enlightened

practically... it depends on whether you can use a meter to figure out which of the switch leads to solder to, whether you can solder well enough to connect wires for the remote switch, whether you can figure out how to route the wires out of the housing, etc.

You can but try - I would suggest a twisted pair to the remote switch, get your 2 wires hitched to a nail in your bench and nip the ends in a drill chuck - when yo have the required twist, stretch it a little so it doesn't spring unravelled when you let it go. Twisted pair is relatively immune to intererence/transient pickup.

Its very important to waterproof the remote switch, and not compromise the seals on the light unit.

ianfield

Newly Enlightened

On the admittedly small possibility of the small voltage from a resistance meter/continuity tester doing some damage to the delicate circuitry - I'd go for trial & error, adding the remote switch to 2 pins that are internally connected together just won't do anything - simply move one of the wires to the opposite corner and you should be in business.

Chief31

Newly Enlightened
It's a fluxient 3xu2 XML 3000 lumens.

So I've tried to test the switch and it don't show a fully open circuit on any leg combination.
I wired in another switch but when I connected the battery the blue status led came on and went out so I disconnected it.
Are all tactile switches the same or am I doing something wrong.

Last edited:

Toaster79

Enlightened
You need to determin first if it is NO or NC switch. When connecting wires, make sure they are not to long as they can act as an antenna and make your light go crazy. Solder a cap between the wires if longer than 10".

Chief31

Newly Enlightened
Sorted now. Was just a case of trying different leg combos. Seems to work fine but what's a cap?

Chief31

Newly Enlightened
Oh ok it's all sorted now anyway.
Cable shortened and heat tubed up. Works a treat.
Ill post some pics soon.

andybest

Newly Enlightened
Oh ok it's all sorted now anyway.
Cable shortened and heat tubed up. Works a treat.
Ill post some pics soon.

O know this is an old post, however I'm really interested in how you fitted the remote switch. I have just purchased the same light and it really is missing a remote switch.

do you have any details on the remote switch you used and which legs you wired the switch too?

many thanks.