Seattle Area 2013 Spring Candle Power Forum Get Together at the Barn

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seattle Area 2013 Spring Candle Power Forum Get Together at the Barn! Let's get this thing rolling. I've got some new Big Lights to show, including an easy to carry, walk, hike model, and I'm sure other light fanatics have their own impressive lights to show, as well! :welcome:

Can we get the Barn in Renton again? :naughty:

Let's do the Bar-B-Que, pot-luck and pro-motion-al, ending with light 'show off'! :cool:

Cheers...let's DO IT!:thumbsup:

UPDATE:
May 18th, 2013 Late Afternoon until late night. 20245 SE 192nd st. Renton, WA. Potluck, bring lights and refreshments. BBQ should be operating.:thumbsup:
Photo bucket links deactivated by source. Will see about fixing all this. Apologizes.
395572_4844344061622_1093341229_n.jpg

Last edited:

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Aww shoot light, you beat me to it. I was hoping to actually maybe perhaps rope in a few from the east side and ID if we met in eastern washington like we did at the potholes that one year. I was gonna ask my moms side of the family if i could host it out at the farm. it's got great views, not to mention facilities. and if i can get the ok, i'd love to set something up for either the weekend of MAY 4th or MAY 11th? i know it's a bit of a drive for the westerners, but it's well worth the drive. nice and dark just like out in Renton at the barn. There's a fire pit for roasting mallows and hot-dogs, big grassy area for the kids to play, lots of seating and tables, and I'd love to get my family the opportunity to get some really good flashlights, enough with the energizer incads' they buy every year.
If you wanted and i get the ok, you can bring a tent to camp on the lawn, or if you have an RV there's places to hookup too. i just think it'd be awesome to see if we could get some Idaho people in too, maybe spokane? But yea, you could turn it into a weekend of camping and fun! if nobodies interested in going east then i suppose i can make a west side get together, in MAY 4 or MAY 11th. (those are saturdays, the fridays before could work as well)

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww shoot light, you beat me to it. I was hoping to actually maybe perhaps rope in a few from the east side and ID if we met in eastern washington like we did at the potholes that one year. I was gonna ask my moms side of the family if i could host it out at the farm. it's got great views, not to mention facilities. and if i can get the ok, i'd love to set something up for either the weekend of MAY 4th or MAY 11th? i know it's a bit of a drive for the westerners, but it's well worth the drive. nice and dark just like out in Renton at the barn. There's a fire pit for roasting mallows and hot-dogs, big grassy area for the kids to play, lots of seating and tables, and I'd love to get my family the opportunity to get some really good flashlights, enough with the energizer incads' they buy every year.
If you wanted and i get the ok, you can bring a tent to camp on the lawn, or if you have an RV there's places to hookup too. i just think it'd be awesome to see if we could get some Idaho people in too, maybe spokane? But yea, you could turn it into a weekend of camping and fun! if nobodies interested in going east then i suppose i can make a west side get together, in MAY 4 or MAY 11th. (those are saturdays, the fridays before could work as well)

I'm open...see what you can stir up and we'll go from there. Cheers. :D

Potholes was fun, but camping isn't for everyone. If we do a camping weekend, we should probably keep the barn open as a possibility for those who just want to make an afternoon of it.

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
eastern washington is out. barn it is. i don't know if i'll be able to make it tho, may 4th weekend i'm busy, and may 12th weekend now is looking busy as well. i'm going offroading with some friends sometime around may 12th, we'll have to work out when, but i'm sorry to say, offroading takes prescience over flashlight convention. yea, shoot me, i know. but i've worked on my jeep for almost 2 years now, and i'm ready to go offroading with it.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
eastern washington is out. barn it is. i don't know if i'll be able to make it tho, may 4th weekend i'm busy, and may 12th weekend now is looking busy as well. i'm going offroading with some friends sometime around may 12th, we'll have to work out when, but i'm sorry to say, offroading takes prescience over flashlight convention. yea, shoot me, i know. but i've worked on my jeep for almost 2 years now, and i'm ready to go offroading with it.

Well how-a-bout the weekend of the 21st?!. It is after all A Very Important Date: Cowan's 13 year Beast Cycle; a heliocentric Golden Triangle configuration between Mars, Earth and Venus. :eek: LOL.

Anyway...let me know what works out. :D

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't made it up for awhile. l'll do my best to be up this spring!
I agree doing potholes was great, but we're likely to get a better turn out if we stay on the I5 corridor. That said, i'm always up for going and doing a camping trip with the group in addition.
So, shall we ask Skeptic to check out the party barn availability?

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't made it up for awhile. l'll do my best to be up this spring!
I agree doing potholes was great, but we're likely to get a better turn out if we stay on the I5 corridor. That said, i'm always up for going and doing a camping trip with the group in addition.
So, shall we ask Skeptic to check out the party barn availability?

It'll be great to see you again...! I'm bringing up a couple lights, maybe I'll have one ready to sell. Ask Skeptic, :poke: ..barn it is. "I"-5 corridor brings a good turnout and easy return for my indoor, gymnastic, cliff diving; next day...I'm addicted now. :thumbsup:

Camping...hmmm???...perhaps. :caution:

johntalley

Newly Enlightened
I'm new and don't know much ..( But learning ) .. Any thing around here seattle tacoma or renton I'm there .. Would be cool to meet people and see your custom build's and learn a thing or 2 ..

So count me in ..

I might be able to help find a spot to meet up ? .. I work all over restaurants and hotels ..

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm new and don't know much ..( But learning ) .. Any thing around here seattle tacoma or renton I'm there .. Would be cool to meet people and see your custom build's and learn a thing or 2 ..

So count me in ..

I might be able to help find a spot to meet up ? .. I work all over restaurants and hotels ..

WELCOME! Great to have you aboard. Hopefully this will be a great intro.

(I hope someone who knows the barn owner, will ask them. I have no contact info.)

Hoop

Enlightened
Darn. This one is coming too quick for me. I am getting my machining center delivered this week! I won't be able to finish any new beamers before the meet. :wave:

...Actually... I do have one I can finish...

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only a few more weeks, and I have nothing ready. Do we have a site yet? I've been so busy, I haven't been able to do much on my searchlights, etc., or organizing get together. Can anyone get the barn reserved? I'll try and get a light ready.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
BBQ and day show light hardware. Evening, drawing, prizes, etc.? and night, lights up the sky. Been real busy with, so I'll try and design, build something fast. I'll bring the 30 inch HID NightHawk too.

Pot Luck, can someone be sure to get the BBQ fired up and some basic grub.

Last edited: