Update on Boroglass fromTLS Lights

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know those of you useing the TLS boroglass 5mm lens are interested in this. I recently acquired an 80 gallon 175psi compressor and decided to try out a Mag head with my 5mm glass lens. I am proud to say that it held at full pressure. This is equivalent to over 400'.

Hector

cummings66

Newly Enlightened
Yes, those glass lenses are very tough and I'm really impressed with them. I've tested them myself and have no problems telling people to use them.

jspeybro

Enlightened
diameter is 52.5mm according to his website. This is the same as the diameter of the front glass of a maglite for which these were meant to be used.

Klem

Enlightened
400ft is about where the Marshmallow Man lives (local dive joke... along the lines of Davy Jones' Locker).

Makes you wonder how deep a thinner 4mm lens would go. Point being, finding enough thread to seal with on a Maglite Mod is an issue with the thick 5mm lenses. Even if 4mm gives you only 200ft that's still way deeper than a lot of divers need.

Thanks for doing that, peace of mind.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, 52.5mm. At 5mm thick I remove right at 1.85mm of the head's threads to allow for a very small gap between the bezel and head.