26650 Li-ion Safe to charge in a Pila IBC charger?

kraycat

Newly Enlightened
Need expect advice....

I have a 26650 single cell, 3.7V 4000 mAh with PCB (if it matters).
Can I use my Pila IBC CHARGER?

Thank you in advance. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should be safe, but the PILA charges a little slower, so it will take a little longer to fully charge. Other than that, it should be OK. Just check it and be sure that it does not get hot. If it does, then pull it off the charger.

kraycat

Newly Enlightened
It should be safe, but the PILA charges a little slower, so it will take a little longer to fully charge. Other than that, it should be OK. Just check it and be sure that it does not get hot. If it does, then pull it off the charger.

Sounds reasonable. Appreciate ur time. :D

Sent from the Jungle.

malocchio

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a new GYRFalcon All-44 charger, great reviews , lots of display info , nice price......But my old PILA still works great , although I only have used it for 18650 cells...I just reviewed the owners pamphlet , and there is no info at all on what sizes or what chemistries it is capable of charging......Does anyone have a complete list of the sizes it can handle , and chemistries ??

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need expect advice....

I have a 26650 single cell, 3.7V 4000 mAh with PCB (if it matters).
Can I use my Pila IBC CHARGER?

Thank you in advance. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

If it will fit and it should, you're GTG, but like the other guy states, the Pila is slow and it's confined to a 600mA charging rate, so expect more than a few hours if it's depleted.

Chris