• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT TripLED Surefire E-series incan bezel mod service

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Converting E-series incan bezels into Triple-LED (Triple-Nichia219 or Triple-XPG2) pocket-rockets !!!

I prefer email contact so please use email listed at the end of this post...

This thread is SERVICE ONLY so it requires interested individuals to ship their beloved bezel (not the whole E1E/E2E,etc) to my home address, then I machine it, machine some more, add Triple-LED star per choice, driver per choice, put all together into a small, tough and powerful little package...

I'm located in Bosnia & Herzegovina but I'm shipping Registered/Priority International Airmail from Croatia (Croatian postal service) with tracking number... The whole process of converting is about 2-3 weeks, depending on length of waiting list... Packages are mailed in waves, the same 2-3 weeks mentioned...

TripLED: Costs between $200 and $280, depending on heads used (incan, KX1, KE1, etc), LEDs used, driver used, bore to 18350 or not to body, McClicky upgrade, GITD, etc... email with more specific desires for proper price...

QuadLED:
Costs between $220 and $300, depending on options... Mod fits KE1 heads properly... email with more specific desires for proper price...

j64Vfvf.jpg

Yqlrb3q.jpg

0C0V1OG.jpg

PO7I9Tc.jpg

Z0UrfjH.jpg

hVeqXB5.jpg

Fu2wTUi.jpg

XFviszI.jpg

iaUHGGf.jpg

792kKvX.jpg

TumuHRQ.jpg

THIS IS NOT MY PAYPAL ADDRESS !!! PAYPAL THRU PM FOR INTERESTED PARTIES !!! Thanks...

iDfBqtf.jpg

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT Triple-219 or Triple-XPG2 E-series bezel modding service...

Beamshots:

Few of members expressed the concern about beamshot on the white wall of XPG2... My description in the first post might be a little scary but it's not that bad...

The beamshot that I took with my TripLED XPG2 R5 3D:

X60L3pic0_zpscdfacf6f.jpg

JUNE 20th, 2016

Adding boring of E1E/E1L bodies to AW IMR 18350 cell as an extra when doing a TripLED mod...

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tarik, this is great you are doing this. You are offering an invaluable service to the CPF community

donn_

Flashaholic

Can this mod be performed on the old E-series bezels, like the clipped teardrop incan or the ribbed KL1 LED bezel?

002-55.jpg

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tarik, this is great you are doing this. You are offering an invaluable service to the CPF community

Thanks Kuan... when you think of it, you bought one of two prototypes that I made... :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can this mod be performed on the old E-series bezels, like the clipped teardrop incan or the ribbed KL1 LED bezel?

002-55.jpg

Honestly... I have NO IDEA... I've been flashoholic for about 3 years but only lately got turned into E-series fan (was P/C/Z before) so my stock of older goodies from Surefire is rather limited... Only newer heads in my collection (E incan with hex, E1B, E2DL, LX2, KL4 and such)... I'll check google-fu for these bezels and see how they look (or if anyone had done any mod to them)...

P.S.
I'm 8 hours ahead of California, 6 hours ahead of Texas (I'm in GMT+1 zone)... plus I go to bed early trying to follow daylight...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

002-55.jpg

OK, I looked around and KL1 first gen is nowhere ideal for Triple-LED installation as it has enough length for a single LED setup (either with some custom reflector or maybe a new optics)... don't know internals so would not go further about that one...

As for teardrop design, appears that whole setup is accessed from the back, right? In that case it's impossible to insert a pill thru threaded area that will rest against flat surface behind it to ensure proper heat transfer... plus that thing is so rare now that it would break my heart to do anything on it... The best thing would be to install E-series tower module (will try to make that as well in next few months) and leave as it is... it's just beautiful the way it looks...

What I discovered is KL4 mod that includes getting rid of stock LED and driver (old, new, doesn't matter), then mill holders behind reflector and make custom heatsink that gets glued to slightly modded inner part... Nichia 219 worked like a charm with this setup and but combining XPG2 with some low voltage driver that gets in DD when on Li-Ion would be awesome, pulling around 2A from IMR cell, with wide spill and tight hotspot... I'm actually looking for affordable KL4 in black to do one for myself... :D

LightJaguar

Enlightened

This is very very cool I'm sure I going to be using your services pretty soon once I decide which heads to ship out. I already have one of this triple mods that I bought from another member. Pretty exiting stuff and the E1E is perfect to EDC with one of this mods.
Any plan on making an XML tower/mod? I bought an E1E with that mod and it was freaking awesome. The trow was pretty good and it might be easier to upgrade in the future. The member that made is no long active here I think but I think that there is some demand for that mod.
Can you do this mod on a E1D? I have two of them and I would love to have one of them moded with a tripple LED.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is very very cool I'm sure I going to be using your services pretty soon once I decide which heads to ship out. I already have one of this triple mods that I bought from another member. Pretty exiting stuff and the E1E is perfect to EDC with one of this mods.
Any plan on making an XML tower/mod? I bought an E1E with that mod and it was freaking awesome. The trow was pretty good and it might be easier to upgrade in the future. The member that made is no long active here I think but I think that there is some demand for that mod.
Can you do this mod on a E1D? I have two of them and I would love to have one of them moded with a tripple LED.

E1D as in E1E body/tail with E2D bezel? If yes, then of course... the bezels are the same, the only difference is bezel ring which is crenelated instead of scalloped... now, that said, I do NOT know how the crenelations affect the output beam as I don't have E2D bezel (I was dumb enough to sell it more than a year ago)... but, since I don't use threadlocker (only tiny o-ring) between bezel and ring, it can be replaced with scalloped version whenever one find desirable...

The E-tower single module depends on few things that I'm trying to resolve but it's not going to be soon... when you see me offering my Kuku low voltage e-tower and Norcimbus e-tower on CPFMP, that will be a guaranteed way to be sure that I've replaced them with my own versions... one Nichia219, one XPG2... :devil:

Dingle1911

Enlightened

Would this mod be possible on an E1L head?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Everything is possible but no point... a new heatsink would have to be installed and there would be a lot of metal in the head for no reason... E1L heads have enough room for skilled modder to install 20mm reflector with new LED or with new single 20mm optics that's compatible with XPG/Nichia219...

The beauty of turning the incan bezel into TripleXPG2/Nichia219 is the tiny size... it's so tiny and so powerful... My most cutest setup I ever made was E-Triple219 mounted on VitalGear FB1 body (lowest on the pic)... My perfect EDC, runs on primary and li-ion battery... the one on top is E-TripleXPG2 on FiveMega E18650 body - for 900 OTF - enough to impress anyone... Now I'm the process of getting Malkoff MDC CR123 which will be more reliable and tougher setup (and able to accept head that runs on 3 amps which FB1 switch cannot stand in original state)...

DSC08053x1_zpsf6a4cf02.jpg

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, when I thought about it... it is possible and it could turn into a decent mod... aluminum heatsink could be used to save weight from front side of the middle part (where old XRE is) and a brass part in the back to hold a driver in the rear... I should definitely try this, just for fun...

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

is that little twisty tnt for sale...Robert

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

is that little twisty tnt for sale...Robert

Sorry, but no... This is a pic for reference only...
I'm a collector before modder and there are plenty of stuff that I need to keep for myself... :devil:

However, the head for little twisty would need to be made with driver flat from the backside, flush with neg contact edges of the pill to prevent crushing of the battery in such a tiny host... I am yet to find a single mode boost driver that could run for 10-12hrs to make a perfect little candle (instead of 3-mode twisty)...

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, but no... This is a pic for reference only...
I'm a collector before modder and there are plenty of stuff that I need to keep for myself... :devil:

However, the head for little twisty would need to be made with driver flat from the backside, flush with neg contact edges of the pill to prevent crushing of the battery in such a tiny host... I am yet to find a single mode boost driver that could run for 10-12hrs to make a perfect little candle (instead of 3-mode twisty)...

Thanks Tana, those are some great looking mods...Robert

RGB_LED

Enlightened

Tana, great work! I just happen to have a spare E-series bezel waiting for a project...:D

One question and I do apologize as I'm sure that you have probably made a decision already have the drivers you have but... is there any option to have memory for the 3 x Nichia219-B10 LOW VOLTAGE 0.8-4.2V boost driver, 3-mode (H-M-L) version?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tana, great work! I just happen to have a spare E-series bezel waiting for a project...:D

One question and I do apologize as I'm sure that you have probably made a decision already have the drivers you have but... is there any option to have memory for the 3 x Nichia219-B10 LOW VOLTAGE 0.8-4.2V boost driver, 3-mode (H-M-L) version?

Oh, forgot to mention, low voltage driver has the memory... I need to update first post... The memory is activated if light is OFF for more than 2 seconds so basically if you click off then on in less than 2 seconds, it goes to next mode...

I'm currently sourcing another low voltage driver that will have L-M-H option instead of H-M-L... these drivers are from reputable companies and I cannot change modes, they are how they are... both of them are a great drivers, IMHO...

But for a custom builds like this, PM me if special wish is in your head, I'll try to figure out if there is a reliable driver that can be packed in such a small package to meet your needs...

Last edited: