TV went on the fritz, help please

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a samsung LN40B630,,,4 months after warranty ran out,,,I came out of the shower tonight and it was dead..No power or red light, nothing...I unplugged it for 2 hours the tried it again DEAD...I researched power supply board...MAY be the culprit. Any one have some intel?

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Re: TV just took a S***,,help please

My friend's 52 sammy did this a little bit back. But he paid the extra warranty and they fixed the power supply no charge. He said it would click but then nothing, if I remember correctly.
I'm sure you've already seen it but: You Tube

Looks like PSU are somewhere between 50-125.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes I have seen that..Board is a bit different put the principal seem the same..I may call a repair shop around here to ask their opinion before i order the power supply board..I bought it 11/25/09,,+2year warranty...samsung includes a 1 year I believe. So I am 4 months over, It would be nice if the would honor it

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a instant message chat with a Samsung employee today,,They said to call a company who is their national parts distributor..So i will do that tomorrow...If my research payed off this should be a very easy fix.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ordered the board on ebay monday and got it today,,15 min to put in and the tv works,,,,12 or so screws outside,,like 6 or inside and one plug...very easy job!!

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heck yeah man,,It saved me a bunch of money to do it myself..Did the research,,Maybe this replaced part will make the tv last another 3 years.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

$81.96 on a auction site..2 days to NY from Cali....Samsung wanted $153 and change,,also i called a shop and they wanted to charge $50 to look at it plus parts probably would have been at least $150 so $200 for shop..no thanks..Simple research with symptoms model numbers and a hunch lead me in the right direction