Olight

Thread: New Jetbeam SSR50

Enlightened

Default New Jetbeam SSR50

New light from Jetbeam? Jetbeam SSR50
    I could not find a post about it and i have not seen it before on the Jetbeam page. So i assume its new.

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/ShowProducts.asp?ID=43

Last edited by ghodan; 03-25-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: New Jetbeam SSR50

Good find ghodan

The most interesting thing to me is that new battery. It looks like it's intended for use in electric vehicles but should be ideal for flashlight use if the 2000 cycles rating and safety claims are true.

One thing that doesn't add up though is the advertised 1000lm with 6h runtime from a 3.7V 7500mAh battery. I'd estimate the battery would give 2-3 hours runtime at a constant 1000lm which suggests that the output is not fully regulated. The weight is on the heavy side as well at 778g. E.g a fenix TK41 loaded with 8 x nimh AA's weighs around 550g.

Looking forward to reading reviews on this one nevertheless.

Default New Jetbeam SSR50

I'm assuming the charging port is under the end-cap too - which would be much better protection than the rubber plugs we've been seeing recently.

The gadget nerd in me loves the USB output...

Flashaholic

I know the size of this light will turn alot of people off, given the similar performance of a single 18650 light (minus the extended runtime), but I like the looks of this one. It is a brighter version of the Magcharger/Streamlight SL20. It would be good for law enforcement or public service use where the heft and length are beneficial. I'm hoping the price point will be competitive with the above two lights.

Flashaholic

Whoah! Just Googled this light and stumbled across a pre-order listing on Lightjunction.com. They have it listed for $99.00 and have a 20% discount on all Jetbeam products. This seems like a lot of light for 80 bucks and change! Probly be in divorce court soon cause I pulled the trigger.:what:

Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post

The gadget nerd in me loves the USB output...

I'm a little turned off at the size but the USB output is totally cool! Imagine being able to juice up a dying cell phone from your edc light. With a CPFer though, it would probably be the other way around....lol!

It looks like its going for around 100/110 dollar.
    http://www.doingoutdoor.com/jetbeam-...ens-p-330.html (109.99 dollar)
    http://www.svetelnaposta.sk/product/...3/493445c13721 (136.00 euro)
    flashlight newby, like led-flashlights!!

Good idea, but having to unscrew the head to use power supply? Really? That's a huge hassle, and means you have no light when using your other device - which makes zero sense. Pretty tired of all these good-quality lights with random dollar store junk-type designs and UI's.
    Last edited by Beckler; 03-26-2013 at 11:49 AM.

It's a pretty big light but for the price (with the discount) it might be worth a try. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
    Good idea, but having to unscrew the head to use power supply? Really? That's a huge hassle, and means you have no light when using your other device - which makes zero sense. Pretty tired of all these good-quality lights with random dollar store junk-type designs and UI's.
    Well said - total BS where they put the USB port. Lets hope their competition does it right and ill buy that. Until then, I dig thensolarnchargers and backup batteries I currently have, so no need for the cumbersome nature of this particular light.

Flashaholic*

For a second, I thought I was looking at the successor to the Olight SR51.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
    I don't know about you but if i'm using this as a power I have plenty of other lights and just unscrewing the head does not seem like that much trouble, I like this one so much that it's on order, Pretty Cool Idea.

Enlightened

It has been removed from the Jetbeam page.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ghodan View Post
    It has been removed from the Jetbeam page.
    I just got an email from Lightjunction.com stating mine has been shipped. I can't remember if Jetbeam ever had this one on their site. It seems like it may be a little while since it was last updated. I'll post once I recieve mine!

Enlightened

Mine is out for delivery today, I'll post later when it arrives.

Enlightened

"It was equipped with latest developed vehicle-mounted power charging battery that can survive thousands of times of charging."

I am guessing this is a 3.2v nominal LiFePO4 cell, which is awesome.

I just wish it had a heavy OP reflector and a floodier beam, but I am sure a little elbow grease could tweak that.

With a capacity this high, even if the light isn't perfectly regulated, the "bright" part of the curve should be nice and long.

I'll wait for a formal review.
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Flashaholic

That's not ANSI Lumens or they would advertise "ANSI". If you want the latest battery then checkout the Led Lenser M17R

Thank you for pointing that out.

I wasn't aware a mass market LiFePO4 flashlight with dropin charger was available yet.

I wrote Jetbeam asking if they are using a LiFe or LiCo cell in their SSR50.

We'll see what they say...

I'll keep my eyes open for a review of both units, the Jetbeam and Led Lenser.
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Mine just came in today. And it quickly went back. The charging port was flaky, and the light would randomly turn of if i shook the light.

Could one of SSR 50 owners write a bit more about the product? I'm looking for cheap (+/-100$) rechargeable flashlight for a gift, with easy interface (for newb). This one looks quite interesting.

Although i have doubts about regulation (1000lm/6h with 7,5mah doesen't look reliably).
    How is overall quality? Quality of buttons? Maby more info about chemisty used? etc.

Anyone able to help?
    Last edited by Warsaw; 08-28-2013 at 03:21 AM. Reason: e: typos
    Flashlights: TK61vn TM26 S6330 S10
    Previous Flashlights: TK70 TK45 LD10 LD20 E05 D25C SRT5 MH25 SC600 ST10 ST20 Mi10S15