Surefire coming to Walmart?

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I was browsing the jobs on the Surefire website and I found the following post for a sales position that focuses on Walmart. Does anyone have Surefire's at their local Walmart? I know they are not carried in any Walmart here in Southern AZ. It would be pretty nifty if they were able to break into that retailer (assuming they are not already in Walmart). Anyone else heard about this?

Inside Sales Representative
Job Type:Full-Time
Last Updated:03/23/2013
Job Description:
SureFire, LLC is a leading manufacturer of illumination tools and tactical accessories for those who would go in harms way, and for those who demand the ultimate in performance, technology, quality and innovation.
The Inside Sales Representative effectively and efficiently communicates with internal/external customers regarding product/service inquires, invoice questions, and customer complaints. Team up with the global sales organization to provide complete customer satisfaction for SureFire's customers.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

• Will be involved with Walmart processes in relation to ordering, shipments, reporting, credits and support on all levels.
  • Communicates with customers by telephone, in person, e-mail, fax, or regular mail correspondence to obtain sales orders, orders for installation, activate discontinuance, or change in service.
  • Communicates with internal Shipping Dept. and contracted freight companies (i.e. research, tracks, and resolves issues related to shipment) by telephone, e-mail, or fax to verify shipment dates.
  • Provide backup support for other Representatives by cross training in all facet of the department to alleviate hardship.
  • Transfer customer calls to appropriate staff by identifying customer concerns to provide quality customer service.
  • Maintain current account activities and literature up to date for information and reporting purposes and to help manage the sales process by entering information into computer database (Vantage and MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
  • Emphasizes salable features, quote prices and credit terms, prepare proposals and provide information regarding terms of sales and delivery for orders obtained by customers to confirm product/services information.
  • Builds and maintains long-term relationships with customers through the use of database (Vantage), phone calls, e-mail and events to help secure additional business. Establish and develop excellent business relationships with fellow employees to create a team environment.
  • Attend to customer needs by identifying, researching and resolving customer concerns such as warranty repair/replacement, ordering replacement, order status, order tracking, production information, pricing, billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation to re-enforce the relationship and build customer loyalty.
  • Effectively and efficiently present and discuss the products and services of SureFire by soliciting only those desired products/services provided by SureFire to current and prospective customers to convey an image of quality, integrity and understanding to customer needs.
  • Work directly with Sales personnel via in person or e-mail to gather sales information pertaining to existing customers/clients.
  • Work directly with Production via in person or telephone to convey information about special product orders to ensure that Customer needs can be met.
  • Work directly with Credit Departments by contacting them via telephone or e-mail to follow up on customer credit issues.
  • Must be able to work independently.
  • Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize them.

Requirements:

• Four year College degree preferred and 3-5 years' work experience.
  • Prior experience and track record working with Walmart Account.
  • Prior experience with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience.
  • Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
  • Knowledge of Vantage is a plus.
With SureFire, you will be on the road to exciting professional challenges and opportunities. You will find that we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding environment. We also offer a full benefits package which includes: three weeks of paid time off per year, a 401(k) plan, medical and dental coverage, life, accident and short and long-term disability insurances, and a generous employee discount on our products.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Sound good. I was just talk to my friend about Surefire coming to walmart.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Does anyone have Surefire's at their local Walmart? I know they are not carried in any Walmart here in Southern AZ.

The Walmart web site shows several Icon flashlights, but they are identified by Walmart as Surefire brand. I haven't seen Surefire or Icon products at the local Walmart store

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Just so Surefire don't start making special cheaper models for Walmart.

There's only 4 options:

Ask Walmart customers to pay SF prices (in a retail setting)

Give Walmart customers prices no one else can touch

Dramatically lower all SF prices, everywhere

Make new low cost models for mass market (with or without SF brand)

None of these bodes well

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Won't believe it until I see it, but if the day ever comes that I see Surefire flashlights in Walmart it will be hard not to think just a little less of Surefire flashlights.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Won't believe it until I see it, but if the day ever comes that I see Surefire flashlights in Walmart it will be hard not to think just a little less of Surefire flashlights.

I wouldn't say that - Surefire used to be available in Home Depot, which is where I purchased my first 6P. It would be good to have another market (Walmart retail) to reach out to in order to create more flashaholics.

There's only 4 options:

Ask Walmart customers to pay SF prices (in a retail setting)

Give Walmart customers prices no one else can touch

Dramatically lower all SF prices, everywhere

None of these bodes well

If what I've heard about walmart's buyers is true, they will drill down Surefire to the lowest possible price they can get. If Surefire opts to create a new "budget" line to meet Walmart's pricing requirements, I would be extremely disappointed in SF.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
It's possible they will only be offered online at their website such that you can order them and have them shipped to a store but they will never be stocked there. Walmart sells stuff that isn't discounted much like this.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I bet they will be carried by walmart online only, maxpedition products are avalible online at walmart but not in store. If there is a Surefire on the shelves it will be a light just made for walmart customers.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
If Surefire opts to create a new "budget" line to meet Walmart's pricing requirements, I would be extremely disappointed in SF.

So long as they don't change what they already make, and simply add a few cheap lights to their lineup, why care?

Spyderco makes their Byrd line in China, for cheap people who don't appreciate quality. It doesn't take away from their higher end knives at all.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
So long as they don't change what they already make, and simply add a few cheap lights to their lineup, why care?

Spyderco makes their Byrd line in China, for cheap people who don't appreciate quality. It doesn't take away from their higher end knives at all.

Because you are compromising your brand if you start churning out lesser quality products. I felt the same way the first time I walked into Sears and saw Craftsman was selling items made in China.

ragweed

Enlightened
Even at 50 bucks a pop its going to go over as a lead balloon to the average Joe consumer IMO.

tarrow

Newly Enlightened
Maybe surefire will go the way of other companies and become a brand that simply contracts out jobs in other countries, with goods to be assembled in another country etc. Maybe they will simply become a brand like brooks brothers etc. that really doesnt mean much other then a discount product at wallyworld or in outlet centers. Ihope not but I have seen it so many times.

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened

I have to agree. While I have found a few decent products at Wally world, I cannot say that I find them to be a retailer of quality products. Of course, if Walmart was able to purchase hundreds of thousands of flashlights from Surefire, that would be great for their bottom line, which is what is all about in the end.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. There's a lot of jumping to conclusions going on in this thread. The idea that Surefire is going to turn into a cheapass Chinese made company just to please Walmart customers seems rather ridiculous to me, their main market is still and will remain Military/LEO, and they don't buy lights from Walmart.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

They've been doing this for a couple years now..

Btw, to the OP, Surefires have been at Lowes for a long time now. Very limited selection of models though.

I don't think the smaller Surefire dealers are going to be very happy that Walmart is not carrying their products.

And I wonder then how Surefire plans to meet this production schedule, since there are apparently already very long lead times on most SF products.

Last edited: