CD intensity and brightness of scooterheadlights

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi,

I have some questions about todays headlights of scooters, where young people drive around with today.

1 What is the CD intensity of scooterheadlights? (average)

2 And how much lumens do they have?

I cannot find anything on the internet about it.

Im curious how they compare with my flashlights.

Remco

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious why you're hunting so many vehicular headlight statistics. It's generally illegal to use a flashlight in place of those. Scooter headlights vary widely. I'd say "300 to 800 lumens" and "10000CD or so."

RemcoM

Enlightened
I'm curious why you're hunting so many vehicular headlight statistics. It's generally illegal to use a flashlight in place of those. Scooter headlights vary widely. I'd say "300 to 800 lumens" and "10000CD or so."

Thank you for your answer.

I only want know ,how bright headlights are, not more.

Because i never seen information on that.

Szemhazai

Enlightened
One of the most important questions is... In which country ?

Typical bulb installed in the front lights of the scooter is 25 / 35W 12V halogen bulb - those are all Cheap Chinese Crap halogens so 350-490 lumens max.

According to Polish law - the scooters are undergoing technical overview every 2 years (cars - every year), and their light's are subject to the same regulations as for the cars.

So according to the regulations :
2) the total intensity of all installed lights shall be not less than 30,000 cd /* (for motorcycles - 12500 cd) and can not exceed 225 000 cd

* if there are 4 road lights one pair should fulfill minimum value