Maglite d cell upgrades, want to ignite paper..

Skinz0021

Newly Enlightened
I have been lurking here a couple years. Just dropped a malkoff in my 4D. Ordered a glass lens, smo & mop for builds. Going to get a borofloat to have on hand. My question is, what do i need to do to make this 6D light paper? Been looking at ROP high and similar bulbs. I can fab up a brass heatsink to mount a ceramic bi-pin pretty easy. I have tried looking through old threads. I want to burn paper. Its that simple, give me the easiest way to do this...

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can burn paper easily with a ROP high bulb... With bipin adapter you can also run the 5761 bulb that is more powerfull than the ROP..

you will need nimh batteries (6x) pyrex lens and alluminium reflector :thumbsup:

Gtamazing

Newly Enlightened
I have been lurking here a couple years. Just dropped a malkoff in my 4D. Ordered a glass lens, smo & mop for builds. Going to get a borofloat to have on hand. My question is, what do i need to do to make this 6D light paper? Been looking at ROP high and similar bulbs. I can fab up a brass heatsink to mount a ceramic bi-pin pretty easy. I have tried looking through old threads. I want to burn paper. Its that simple, give me the easiest way to do this...

I like the cut of your jib

Skinz0021

Newly Enlightened
Ordered smo & mop last night, as well as a glass and borofloat lens. Looks like bulbs and batts are next. It was pretty beat up, so i sandblasted and then hit it with scotch brite. Liking the brushed aluminum look for now. Good chance it may get powder coated matte black. Trying to think of something cool to do on the lathe with the head and body...

You have had over two weeks to comply with my PMed request to resize your images - Norm

there are meds for that, my bad dude! All my new pics are thumbnails didnt realize there were still problems......BTW, just saw your PM..

Last edited:

mesa232323

Enlightened
Why stop at paper? How about wood, cook bacon and eggs, make an aluminum can smoke, feel the heat from 10 feet away, destroy another flashlight... Literally!

Don't settle for less, go all the way and make a real fire starter. You can make an ROP out of a 2c anyways. You'll only be able to smoke newspaper with an ROP

Here's my 6d 64657
jenahage.jpg

look at the size difference, left to right ROP high, 1185, 64623, 64657
umu3u8yh.jpg

All you need is 7 imr 26500, Kui socket, smooth aluminum reflector, high temp lense, and a high current switch that you can find at radio shack. You can find all the information for the build and switch modding from Mr artillery's build which is #2 on lux Luthers most powerful mag mods list.

After checking lux Luthers list, in found out that I should of been using 64656 instead of 64657 :banghead: oh well, it's ordered.

Skinz0021

Newly Enlightened
How do you wire up the 7 26500s? I should be able to handle the rest...

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man that 4d looks nice!

I think you don't need to wire up batteries.. just use a pipe of the rigjt diameter to prevent rattling..

Skinz0021

Newly Enlightened
Man that 4d looks nice!

I think you don't need to wire up batteries.. just use a pipe of the right diameter to prevent rattling..

just wondering what 4D?? the only two pics of lights in this thread are both 6D..

Skinz0021

Newly Enlightened

Playing on the lathe a little this afternoon

You have had over two weeks to comply with my PMed request to resize your images - Norm

pics are fixed!!!!!!!!!!!5-23-13

Last edited:

Skinz0021

Newly Enlightened
Here is the head painted. On my gunmetal 4d with kai mop, hd glass & malkoff.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Skinz0021 Your images are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

Skinz0021

Newly Enlightened
Not yet. The 6D should when its finished. Waiting on cells and bulbs. The 4d was never intended to light paper. Just be bright with good run time.