Regulated Incandescent Renaissance!

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, while in Wal-Mart for air filters, I made a detour to the flashlight aisle. Hm. Incan version of the Black & Decker XML spotlight… hm.

Lithium technology. Kinda nice for an incan.

Two brightness settings? I'm intrigued. Conveniently it turns on in low, too, so that'll stress the bulb less.

What's this? Maintains constant brightness over the battery's life? Maintains constant brightness over the battery's life?

Holy smokes
, this sucker's regulated.
I may actually have to buy a Wal-Mart light. I'm sad to admit that it doesn't have a built-in 120v charger like its weighty lead-acid cousin, but it's light, it's bright, and on high, it's screaming white & bright. And I haven't gotten to the best part yet.

It's a $30 regulated incan. :huh:

Imon

Enlightened
Model name or number please!

I looked through Wal-Mart's website and I don't think I found it.

If it is regulated it certainly will be interesting. Personally, I can't remember there being a regulated incan since the A2 and of course some stuff Fivemega made.

*Edit*
Nevermind, I wasn't looking hard enough. This must be it.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Model name or number please!

I looked through Wal-Mart's website and I don't think I found it.

If it is regulated it certainly will be interesting. Personally, I can't remember there being a regulated incan since the A2 and of course some stuff Fivemega made.

JimmyM with his JM-PhD-D1 D Mag regulator and and JM-PhD-X1 lantern regulator, Will Quiles with his PhD-M6 SF M6 regulated pack, AlanB PhD-MD Programmable Hotwire Driver for the Maglite D, js SF M6-R, AW Mag D Incan Driver, AWR Hotdriver, winny PIR 1, Willy Hunt LVRs, and probably others.

SemiMan

Banned
Seems there is a Camo version of it as well. Based on the runtime and output, I would say about a 16 watt hour battery pack. Perhaps 3 - 2200AH batteries? or maybe 4 lower capacity, higher current. Claimed 800 lumens so 35-50 watts depending on the bulb.

Semiman

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Yeah, took it apart, detailed photos, indeed regulated. Just have to get my lazy *** to download from my camera, crop, and upload to my bucket before I die.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, somehow missed this thread. Gonna stop by Walmart to check this out. The camo one looks pretty cool. Appears to be in stock as well.

Imon

Enlightened
I couldn't resist... I picked one up at my local Wal-Mart.

Lux, I hope you don't mind if I post pictures of the light. I know you have already obtained one and have taken a look inside. I respect your incan knowledge way more than mine and I hope I could do CPF a little service by showing some pics.

I'll take picture of it and upload it later...

mesa232323

Enlightened

Lux, I hope you don't mind if I post pictures of the light. I know you have already obtained one and have taken a look inside. I respect your incan knowledge way more than mine and I hope I could do CPF a little service by showing some pics.

:thumbup:

Brigadier

Enlightened
Terrible review on WalMart's website.

Well I bought this spotlight because the packaging seemed to indicate just what I was needing. Removed the device from packaging, charged it and got a few hours of use but while using the light the red light comes on and automatically shuts the light off getting progressively worse as it is used. So after first use I brought the light inside to put it on charge with the standard home charger. The light seemed to be charging due to the indicator light but once removed only lasted for about a minute before going dead again. When I attempted to put the light back on the ac charger the light would not even charge and I suspect that the cheap charger had already malfunctioned at this point in time. I Then put the light on the DC charger overnight. The next day I removed from charger and the light was still completely dead. The black and decker customer support line is a bunch of run around and I cannot believe that this level of quality of product can even be sold in stores. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE IT IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!

n2stuff

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, took it apart, detailed photos, indeed regulated. Just have to get my lazy *** to download from my camera, crop, and upload to my bucket before I die.

:candle:
LOL

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes, well I guess he's never heard of returning it for a different one? Maybe just got a bad unit.

Maybe these lights have been around for a few years and we just never noticed them? Could mean some of the Li-ion batteries are nearing the end of their service lives.

Lux, is that an 18650 battery pack it uses? Might be fun to make an AW 18650 battery pack for this light.

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
ampdude,

Mine has 3x18650 (I assume connected in series).
Manufacturer: Dongguan Kanyo Battery Technology Co.
1300 mAh

Last edited: