Install a tritium vial in a Quark AA

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
Thanks for the link. I searched, but did not come up with anything.

I am now wondering if I can still use Norland if both sides are open (I am planning on taping one side, then filling from the other). Is the Norland strong enough to hold it in?

Bauer

Newly Enlightened
I used the UV cured resin for repairing cracks and chips in windshields. Very strong hold in the lanyard slots on my Solarforce S12 tail cap. I used electric tape around the outside, non sticky side facing in then wrapped it tight. Then used 1-2 drops (just enough to have a thin layer) UV cured it for 10 minutes then removed tape, centered the tritium vial and added a couple more drops. Prior to taping it off I used a 800 grit sand paper to slightly rough up the inside of the slot.
8477975352_d4cf270d9b.jpg

8477976228_60a6810e2f.jpg

DragonHead

Enlightened
So you taped around the trit. slot first? And cured the first layer before dropping the vile?

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened
I've never heard of this before, so hey glow all of the time or do they require light during the day and glow at night?

Larbo

Enlightened
I have been doing this for a few years now, but I tape the Inside of the slot, reason is I found the trit is recessed a bit and wont protrude outside the slot even a little. I found this out by trial and error, btw never had one fall out with clear epoxy or norland.

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I wanted to give an update...about 2 months ago the trits fell out and broke. This light, like all my lights, is a user. I EDC it a few days a week. Although it lasted about 3.5 years, I was hoping it would last forever...

Final thoughts...without support from the back, it will only hold for limited time.