First Charging = Eneloop XX

B-52

Newly Enlightened
I'm New to Candlepower and i wanted to Ask when Charging new Eneloop XX's in the MaHa C9000 what is best method for the first charge is it best to just charge them or Use Break-End for the First initial charge.. Thanks B-52 :)

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello B-52,

Welcome to CPF.

Most of us just charge them and use them. The Break In may provide a marginal increase in capacity, but the time it takes to do the Break In doesn't seem to justify the small amount of capacity gained. At any rate the capacity seems to fall into place after a few charge/discharge cycles.

The default charge rate of 1000 mA is good for the Eneloop cells.

Tom

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Some just use them. Some charge them and use them. Some run the break-in cycle. Some (me) discharge them first, then run the break-in.

B-52

Newly Enlightened
Hey Thanks Guys.. And while i was on here and doing some looking around getting my feet wet! I found the Thread on Panasonic removing the Eneloop Name). I guess it's Ok if the Batteries remain the Same Quality but i wasn't expecting a Name change this Soon as so Many are A custom to the eneloop name an Quality of the battery..

Last edited:

Frijid

Enlightened
When i buy new batteries, if they are already pre-charged, i verify they still have charge in them. if they do and it's a good charge, then i just use them. if they are not LSD, then i charge first. that's all. the only thing i do that would be considered "break in" is by just using them like i normally would.

like i bought some 2300 mAh energizers for a spotlight. they had charge still in them cause they were precharged. i just stuck them into the light and used it. when they got run down, i just charged them, then put em back into the light. then when they went down again, just charged and put back in. i've never done any of the fancy break in things. i've got some cheap ol 2000 mAh eveready's from 2008 that i bought and have just used em, with nothing fancy, and they are still running good. matter of fact, i have them running right now in a handheld police scanner. but since they are not LSD batteries, when i first got them, i charged em first. when i got my new set of eneloops about a month ago, i just stuck them into the device and used em.