PF20! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[SIZE=+2]New Jersey Photon Festival #20 (PF20) will happen on Saturday, May 18, 2013.[/SIZE]

It's that time again, spring in the air, the little birds chirping, flying around, scorching the earth with their tiny flashaholic laser beam eyes-- (wait, strike that last part) :faint:

...time for PF20! Yes, boys and girls, it's the 20th incarnation of the venerable New Jersey Photon Festival. :)

These will be old news to regular attendees but for n00bs ;) here are the ground rules:

• This is a no alcohol event.
  • Attendees are asked to contribute a snack of some kind, or some soft drinks, or cups/plates/napkins, or similar.
  • If you have small trinkets to share, bring them! That's always fun.
  • If anyone has items to toss into an impromptu raffle, it's encouraged!
  • Kids welcome, but mom/dad will want to keep an eye on them.
  • If you're walking to the quarry, dress warmly (cools down in the evening) and wear shoes for walking AND getting a bit dirty.
  • There is no fee to attend, but Data has generously established a "tip jar" with proceeds used to cover wear and tear to the yard, Mrs. Milky steam cleaning the carpet, etc. It's been much appreciated by the Mrs., which allows us to continue the event. If you can toss some funds in the jar, please do so.
  • Tank light is here. I need a couple deep discharge 12V batteries to power it. Got any? Bring 'em, please.
  • New attendees, contact me for directions if you need them.

PF19 thread is over here for reference.

img-pf6-milky-house-with-logo.jpg

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, I'm so there! Looking forward to catching up with everyone soon. :D

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy, all! my first post! i'm takin the plunge. I've been a member for years, quietly observing from the sidelines, but when I found this notice about the flashaholics anonymous get together, 25 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE, I just had to chime in. I can bring nuts for the squirrels, biodegradeable paper plates, or whatever you need that someone hasn't promised for the event. I will be donating money to mrs. milky, since I will be bringing my 2 children. I will not charge you for using them to recharge your lights, because they are full of energy. any dynamos that need to be cranked, or if you just want to put a light bulb in their mouths to see it light, it would be welcomed (it's the only way to keep them quiet). I have a veritable plethora of keychain lights, streamlights, mini maglites, and k-mart specials i'll bring. some are new in the package that I can contribute for the raffle. I sometimes get a table at local flea markets to sell these items, so if it's appropriate to market the stuff while i'm there i'd like to do so, though it's not my primary purpose for attending. I see mention of a quarry, and the kids have been bugging me about looking for fluorescent rocks ever since they saw them at Watchung's trailside museum. if this is the type of rock we'll find there, you'll make me a hero. I have several handheld uv flashlights and a plug in one just for this purpose. reply with the time this shindig kicks off, and when I make my post limit, i'd like to get directions. I wished I knew about the superstorm sandy pf19, though I did volunteer in my area and gave away so many lights and batteries to people who were caught short. the 5 days we were without lights really introduced my family to the survivalist instinct in them. I also appreciate the fact that this Is a non-alcoholic event. my wife doesn't really drink, so when we got together, I pretty much stopped drinking. hence, the flashaholism. so, any event that I can go to in which I might come home with fewer lights than I leave with, is pretty much a marriage saver.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
:D :D :D

I have it on the calendar.

PS - Its not laser beam eyes, its guano.

:D

Last edited:

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Missed a few, hoping not to miss this one. As long as my Islanders or Nets are not playing in the Stanley cup or divisionals at a home game. Not that they're going anywhere anyway.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy, all! my first post! i'm takin the plunge. I've been a member for years, quietly observing from the sidelines, but when I found this notice about the flashaholics anonymous get together, 25 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE, I just had to chime in. I can bring nuts for the squirrels, biodegradeable paper plates, or whatever you need that someone hasn't promised for the event. I will be donating money to mrs. milky, since I will be bringing my 2 children. I will not charge you for using them to recharge your lights, because they are full of energy. any dynamos that need to be cranked, or if you just want to put a light bulb in their mouths to see it light, it would be welcomed (it's the only way to keep them quiet). I have a veritable plethora of keychain lights, streamlights, mini maglites, and k-mart specials i'll bring. some are new in the package that I can contribute for the raffle. I sometimes get a table at local flea markets to sell these items, so if it's appropriate to market the stuff while i'm there i'd like to do so, though it's not my primary purpose for attending. I see mention of a quarry, and the kids have been bugging me about looking for fluorescent rocks ever since they saw them at Watchung's trailside museum. if this is the type of rock we'll find there, you'll make me a hero. I have several handheld uv flashlights and a plug in one just for this purpose. reply with the time this shindig kicks off, and when I make my post limit, i'd like to get directions. I wished I knew about the superstorm sandy pf19, though I did volunteer in my area and gave away so many lights and batteries to people who were caught short. the 5 days we were without lights really introduced my family to the survivalist instinct in them. I also appreciate the fact that this Is a non-alcoholic event. my wife doesn't really drink, so when we got together, I pretty much stopped drinking. hence, the flashaholism. so, any event that I can go to in which I might come home with fewer lights than I leave with, is pretty much a marriage saver.
Hi aginthelaw - Welcome :) we always welcome fellow flashaholics... especially those bearing gifts :D And yes, items for sale or trade are always welcome. Space inside is always tight, but as long as the weather is nice, you are able to set up an actual table if you like in the backyard, where we often spill over to sharpen knives, test our lights, stretch our legs, and set things on fire with way over powered flashlights! See you there -- KartRacer31 AKA - Tim

CMAG

Enlightened
Sharpen knives, play with (im sorry test) overpowered lights and learn how to make fire Hmmm I may have to get there

jkid1911

Enlightened
I'm in for sure.....new member and very excited about the world of illumination. Can't wait...!!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone has one of those new Surefire 2211 wristlights, please bring it along.
I've been wanting to check one out.