Unique Titanium

Thread: Is "Blacklight" the same as UV light?

Default Is "Blacklight" the same as UV light?

I'm wondering because I'm researching GITD paint and have read how it charges up faster/better using a blacklight or UV light.
    Was thinking blacklight and UV light are one in the same, but you can get photon freedom lights in both purple 'blacklight' beam or UV light beam.

The UV light Photon Freedom is more money then the blacklight photon freedom

Searching ebay for backlight I find UV light is often included in the same title as blacklight, so confusing...
    Fenix: PD32 (G2) | PD22 (G2) | LD12 (G2) | E15 | MC11 | E11 | LD01 FourSevens: QPA (G2) | QTLC (G2) | MLR2 (G2)

Default Re: Is "Blacklight" the same as UV light?

Quote Originally Posted by appliancejunk View Post
    Was thinking blacklight and UV light are one in the same, but you can get photon freedom lights in both purple 'blacklight' beam or UV light beam.
    Not an expert but yes blacklight term is often used for UV lights, as is woods lamp.

The photon purple I believe has more visible light than the UV photon.

Ok, found this...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_light

Seems odd in the title and description for the photon "Scorpion Finder" light they call it a UV light one time and 'Blacklight' at other times.
    Yet like I said the regular photon freedom is sold in both purple 'blacklight' beam and for a extra $8 in a UV beam, lol...

I'm guessing the scorpion finder and the purple 'blacklight' beam light outputs are the same, but the UV beam for the extra $8 is just UV without any color that you can see?

Photon aside what I'm really wondering is what light output works best for charging GITD paint or don't it really matter as they both put out UV light?
    Fenix: PD32 (G2) | PD22 (G2) | LD12 (G2) | E15 | MC11 | E11 | LD01 FourSevens: QPA (G2) | QTLC (G2) | MLR2 (G2)

Ultraviolet LED (wavelength range 370-380 nm)
    Purple LED (Ultraviolet wavelength range 395-405 nm)

Source:
    http://www.laughingrabbitinc.com/p_special.htm

Well unless I'm mineral hunting I'm under the impression it won't matter if I use the purple UV 'Blacklight' or the regular UV light.

Quote Originally Posted by appliancejunk View Post
    but the UV beam for the extra $8 is just UV without any color that you can see?
    Well you can still see the tint, especially the darker it is. The purple freedom one is just far more apparent in lit situations and it tends to cast a tinted light rather than "fluoresce". It will still fluoresce though.

the term 'scorpion light' is quite apt, as people here use UV light to find them at night. They glow like hell under UV.