4Sevens Preon Pen Light Review

jtice

Flashaholic
Did a video review of the 4Seven Preon Pen Light.
Sorry for the focusing issues, still perfecting how I want to do the vids.

jtice

Flashaholic
There is a sliiiight rattle if I shake the light hard, but I have not noticed it in any actual use or carry of the light.

jtice

Flashaholic
Sorry I dont :(
Its very little rattle, as I said, you have to shake the light around pretty good to tell, you dont notice with normal use.
When the light is off, you hear the tail switch more when you shake it around.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the rattle makes you want to kick puppies, try inserting paper into the flashlight to 'snug up' the batteries slightly.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review. Was thinking of getting this penlight until I watched your video and noticed that it has mode memory. Not for me though. Penlights are in my opinion used for fixing things up close, for example computers. I would prefer a penlight to always come on in low output and letting me cycle up if need be. I quite like the Preon 2 for tasks like this. Other than that, it does look beautiful and sure does look like a nice light.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's to bad, pjandyho, this light has a beautiful closeup beam, with it's very nice big, even hotspot and bright spill...... but I do understand. I actually bought this light because it DID have mode memory. I didn't want it to always start in low and have to cycle through all the levels to get to high. Different strokes for different folks.

By the way, I do use Eneloops in mine and have never noticed any rattle. Ok, I just picked it up and shook it, no rattle, but then I shook it REALLY REALLY hard and there was a very faint, tiny, almost imperceptible movement, but honestly, you'd have to be shaking it really hard on purpose to notice anything.

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a sweet penlight. I'd love to see a dark green or medium green metallic.

i hope they do more colors for it adoptions. I wonder what the marginal costs are to set up different costs in assembly. Maybe limited runs would be ok for a small premium to cover the additional prep of the color and the additional manufacturing costs over the standard colors.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's to bad, pjandyho, this light has a beautiful closeup beam, with it's very nice big, even hotspot and bright spill...... but I do understand. I actually bought this light because it DID have mode memory. I didn't want it to always start in low and have to cycle through all the levels to get to high. Different strokes for different folks.
Yup, I agree. Different strokes for different folks. I do like mode memory but somehow it is not working for me in a penlight. Maybe it's just me as I have this idea that a penlight is used for more close up tasks, and I don't want to blind myself accidentally should I forget and left it at the highest output the last time I use it.