##What's the difference between the Z57 & the Z52?

nonbox

Banned
##What\'s the difference between the Z57 & the Z52?

What's the difference between the Z57 & the Z52 clickies for the E series?

Are they the same dimensions?
Do they both have a lock out?
Which one is less stiff?
Are there comparison pics of these on the net?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ##What\'s the difference between the Z57 & the Z52?

Same dimensions for all practical purposes. Yes both can be locked out by unscrewing. The Z57 doesn't have the index mark of the Z52. With a slight tension adjustment(compress the main spring) the LOTC Z52 is as easy to momentary as the clickie Z57(usually). Just by looking at the display models in the Surefire ads the E2E and L4 .It is very difficult to see the difference without handling,the 57 has a recessed well around the button. The 52 is domed with the logo on the top the 57 has its logo on the side

nonbox

Banned

Why are there 2 models of clickies? Since they are almost identical, why didn't SF just make one clickie?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Z57 is a clickie (press part way for momentary on, press harder until it clicks for constant on).
The Z52 is not a clickie; it is a standard Surefire tailcap (press for momentary on, twist for constant on).

nonbox

Banned

Who's got the lowest price on the Z57?

Do the current E1E & E2E come with the the Z57?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
Who's got the lowest price on the Z57?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulldog has them for $30 + $3.85 shipping.

[ QUOTE ]
Do the current E1E & E2E come with the the Z57?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not yet.

Peter

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought last August in a retail store the E1e (It was on special $58) and it did have the Z57 clickie as standard and I also checked the E2e and it also had it, the store was Carter's Country in Houston Tx.

So I would assume it is now shipping with the Z57 as standard.

HTH

Alex

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

There was a short period (three weeks?) when SureFire was shipping the "E" series lights with the Z57. They then stopped doing so, and have gone back to the LOTC. I think there were some issues with the Z57 on an incandescent, most likely dimming due to variable electrical resistance in the switch. The last sentence is just speculation on my part, FWIW.

Peter

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
There was a short period (three weeks?) when SureFire was shipping the "E" series lights with the Z57. They then stopped doing so, and have gone back to the LOTC. I think there were some issues with the Z57 on an incandescent, most likely dimming due to variable electrical resistance in the switch. The last sentence is just speculation on my part, FWIW.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

They way I understand it was that the E series lights were not to have the clickie on them, and the ones that did and shipped did so by accident. Either way, these are still few and far between. The only way to tell if a light has the clickie is to look at the light itself, the box marking are no different from the non-clickie ones.

-Mike

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe that the Z57 clickie was/is scheduled to replace the LOTC on the Executive series lights, this is stated in the 2003 SureFire catalog. I don't think the ones that were shipped with the Z57 were a mistake, I just think there are still some bugs in the clickie that need to be worked out.

Peter

Size15's

Flashaholic

Perhaps SureFire still has a few LockOut TailCaps kicking around that they want to get rid of?
Perhaps before they change over to the Z57, SureFire want to make sure they have enough of them in stock so that all orders from Dealers can be filled with the Clickie?

Perhaps it was a mistake?
Perhaps it was a special order?
Perhaps the clickie has bugs?

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps?

My perhaps is that SureFire want to give CPF something to guess about.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif