Please post on what you believe is the best 1X 18650 flashlight available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumen King

Newly Enlightened
So guys please feel free to comment on what you think the best flashlight is that runs on a single 18650 battery. I'm currently leaning towards the Klarus XT11 but I've heard Eagletac ones are pretty good too. Thanks from Lumen King. :thumbsup:

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Solarforce.

I have a Solarforce 1x18650 L2P with an Eagletach 3400 mah 18650,McClicky 5 amp switch and a three mode XML-T6 U2 over driven to 4.2 amps. 1000+ led lumens. Solid built and very very bright. Long run time too.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

kj2

Flashaholic
My favourite 1x 18650 at this moment, is the Olight M22. I believe there is no "best" because everyone needs something different.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
"Best" is hard to define because it varies from person to person and use to use, what features are you after in a light and how much do you want to spend?

Zebralight SC600 seems to be very popular on here but has a 'floody' beam compared to the XT11.

As 'best' comes down to an individual's needs/wants, you could get a P60 host (Solarforce or a bored Surefire from someone like Oveready) and order a drop-in from one of the many builders on CPF (nailbender etc)- that way you can choose which LED, tint, drive level, modes you want.

Lumen King

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks for your comments guys. I have also had the Olight M22 in my sights, Users have said the Output, Lens and Bezel are exceptional compared to other flashlights.

Lumen King

Newly Enlightened
Gravelmonkey Yes you are right but I'm trying to get peoples opinions on the different brands out there. Mainly I'm looking around for the following:
One with a good throw not flood.
An led which is a thrower
Cool white tint
Similar modes to the Klarus XT range
Best lumen output
Also price does not concern me. (But surefire no way lol)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My current favorite is the Xeno G42 XM-L2. Excellent regulation and a good thrower combined with quality.

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
I like the Nitecore EC25 for it's 5 levels of output and built in voltmeter-switch.

Verndog

Enlightened
Depends on what class you are looking for. General use / household, tactical, ultra compact....ect. That is why I own 11 of them. :thumbsup:

Solarforce L2P with XML2 NW is up there though.

PhillyAnt

Newly Enlightened
I really love my Fenix PD32 UE. Uses one 18650 and handles 740 lumens with 5 different levels and a strobe. One of my favorite little lights!

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
Any 18mm bored Surefire C/P/Z host with a McClicky, and add the P60/D26 drop-in of your choice to get the beam profile and modes you want. My favorite setup is a single mode drop-in and a slightly modified ElZetta Hi/Low tailcap so I have full control of the modes. If you want more throw get a C to M adapter collar, an Surefire M3 head, an M3 bezel tool, and a D36 module.

The economy route (that's probably every bit as good) is to get a Solarforce L2P - you want the P sub model because it has true type III hard anodizing, and a 3 amp switch - and the P60/D26 module of your choice. Upgrade the tail cap with a McClicky switch if the drop-in you want to use pulls more than 3 amps. If you want more throw get a Solarforce M3 head, and unscrew the pill by hand. Then unscrew the pill from the reflector of the P60/D26 module of your choice, and screw that pill into the Solarforce M3 head.

The P60/D26 host route lets you lego and get exactly what you want from the light if you're willing to track down parts and screw them together.

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce.

I have a Solarforce 1x18650 L2P with an Eagletach 3400 mah 18650,McClicky 5 amp switch and a three mode XML-T6 U2 over driven to 4.2 amps. 1000+ led lumens. Solid built and very very bright. Long run time too.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

I also have a Solarforce running a Panasonic 3400mah 18650.
You can get custom P60 drop ins for it. Out of all my drop ins my favorite is Nichia 219. I will be upgrading to a Tri- Nichia drop in soon!

Build your light, it can be the way you want it, the best!

BIGLOU

Enlightened
+1 on a bored 6P. You will always be able to buy the latest drop in available from Nailbender or Vinh. If you on budget the L2T is great my international outdoors 3400 mAh battery fits perfect

Last edited:

aau007

Enlightened
I have 2 favorites.

1. Jetbeam rrt21 with attack bezel. - nicely textured with variable brightness control. Can use as self defense with the attack bezel.
2. Jetbeam rrt01 with Niteye 15 body tube. - nice and compact with low low. variable brightness control like the rrt21.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.