What model Novatac did I just buy ?

Lolaralph

Enlightened
I just picked up a basically brand new Novatac, it's black, made in USA on tailcap, but no model designation on body. It simply says Novatac on one side and the serial # 31747 on the other. I'm pretty sure it's a T, as it has the extended button, comes on high at one click, medium at two clicks, low,low at three clicks, goes strobe with an extended press from any on position, and is a momentary to high from off., it also came with the o ring for a grip aid, as well as a clip. The interesting thing is that it doesn't seem as bright as some other Novatacs I've had, is it possible it is an 85 lumen model, I didn't think they made them that late into the production run, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts or insight would be highly appreciated, oh by the way, this thing has it's bezel and retaining ring loc-titled like fort Knox, it's gonna be fun opening this one up.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you unscrew the battery tube and look at the bottom end of the light engine, is there a spring or is it flat?

I may be wrong, but I believe that any serial # 30000 and up wasn't made in the USA.

Lolaralph

Enlightened
Thanks for the input, I see that you have an interest in these lights as well. The LE has the three raised dimples, and the tailcap and package both say made in USA, so I'm hoping it is one of the originals. One other thing, it has a black bezel, don't know if that helps.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its definetely a USA version if it has the dimples.

The started using a little spring after the fact.