• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Superbulb for Maglite C and D cell!!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
All SOLD: Superbulb for Maglite C and D cell!!

FIRST RUN SOLD OUT! SECOND RUN HERE!
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...perbulb-for-Maglite-C-and-D-cell!!-SECOND-RUN!!!

Hello fellow Maglite enthusiasts,

If your reading this thread then like me you appreciate the fine looks and good quality of a Maglite host. Maglites are some of the most durable and brightly colored hosts on earth.

That said most of you know there is room for some improvement in the out put area. The world is not short of "upgrades" for maglite, but many of these have a disappointing output, can require significant modification to the mag host, require special batteries, and many cost several hundred dollars :mad:.

Today Adventure Sport Flashlights™ recognizes these issues and has answered the call to create something better.

The Adventure Sport Super Bulb™ drop-in addresses all of these issues. This piece of technology was countless hours in development, but worth every moment.

This bulb is a perfect fit for both C and D maglites and requires no modification of the light, special skills or any tools. It takes any 3-4 cell Mag ( with C/D in the serial number) and transforms it into a wall of fire in less than 60 seconds.

Furthermore because of its ease of use this bulb transcends the boundaries and walls of typical flashaholic use. Its an exceptional choice for family and friends with no in depth knowledge of traditional super lights. To further encompass all of our fellow man in the thrill of bleeding edge technology, best of all the Adventure Sport Super Bulb™ requires NO SPECIAL BATTERIES OR CHARGERS!!

Yes, of course NIMH cells are going to be more cost effective and drive the bulb better, but the point is you can still use alkalines if you really want to :)

Every drop in come standard with the highest available bin emitter on the market today the Cree XM-L2 U2.

BEHOLD!
maglitedropin001.jpg

maglitedropin002.jpg

Here is the 60 second install.
http://youtu.be/7mxFSUOaFPU

Also included is the A.S.F User interface. This UI is designed to give a more personalize feel to the light offering mode groups to better fit the individual.

The UI consists of 4 groups.
1. Ramp mode low to high with memory.
2. Low 2%, Med 25%, High 100% with memory.
3. Low 2% Med 25%, High 100%, Srobe, SOS, Beacon, NO memory.
4. High 100%, Low 15%.

The light will come preset to your choice of group if needed.
Mode groups are switched by 8 fast clicks <.25 sec.
Upon entering the beacon mode there is a battery indicator flash. The light will quickly flash 1 time for each 0.1V above 3V and then enter the beacon mode.

Here is a video of the UI in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSSQxqZH290

maglitedropin004.jpg

Maxed out this drop-in will pack on up to 700 extra lumens vs traditional incan bulbs.

maglitedropin006.jpg

EDIT: Output summary for different cell types added in post #15

Shipping is $6 world wide.
Price is $99 each. This sale is based on availability. Please see the list below.

1. Available (SOLD!)
2. Available (SOLD!)
3. Available (SOLD!)
4. Available (SOLD!)
5. Available (SOLD!)
6. Available (SOLD!)
7. Available (SOLD!)
8. Available (SOLD!)

Paypal is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Please be sure to leave your CPF name and what product you are purchasing in the notes. Thank you.

Last edited:

Chicago X

Enlightened
These look excellent.

I assume that they can function with a single lithium-ion cell as well?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look excellent.

I assume that they can function with a single lithium-ion cell as well?

Thanks C X, Yeah a single li-ion could be used.

Wow those dropins do look nice, good luck with your sale! I assume the driver used is based off a AMC7135 linear regulator?

Yep its a reprogrammed nanj 105C

What is the voltage range.

I would call it 3-4.2V actual volts. But 4 alkaline with a theoretical voltage of 6 is perfectly fine.

thundertree

Enlightened
I've been so waiting for a drop-in like this...Much thanks Matt!!

:paypal: from thundertree for:
Adventure Sport Super Bulb drop-in

I'll take #1 on the list
PROGRAM GROUP: 2. Low 2%, Med 25%, High 100% with memory.

($99 + $6 shipping = $105)
(Unique Transaction ID # 6XX50744HT9409846)

What kind of lumen drop (if any) should one expect in using 3xNiMH vs 4xNiMH?

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thundertree,

Order shipped. Thanks again.

wedlpine,

I dont actually know if it will. The voltage from the pack would be about right but I'm not sure if it will fit in the head, I dont have a MC.

thundertree

Enlightened
Matt,

Much thanks for the quick shipping! I've already starting using the drop-in. I can easily say for M*g drop-ins, this has one the most well defined hotspot I've seen. And, the hotspot is also nice and broad and very useable (not an over-dedicated spotlight). I can tell that this has a very well matched reflector-to-led setup which probably took a lot of effort to get right. Well done!

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont actually know if it will. The voltage from the pack would be about right but I'm not sure if it will fit in the head, I dont have a MC.

I'm not sure that the head is different on a Magcharger. But one issue for sure is the fact that the Magcharger uses a bipin bulb rather than a standard potted bulb. I THINK the Magcharger switch simply uses a bipin adaptor in place of the standard Mag bulb socket in the switch assembly. So it MAY be possible to just swap out the bipin adaptor for a standard incandescent Mag socket.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some members have been asking me about output on different cell types ( from here and another forum), so I did some output testing on these. Please understand these are not done in a $5000 sphere, however I have done my best to get as accurate of a reading as possible. These figures are meant to show the best and worst case scenario.

Here is a picture of my setup.
shpere.jpg

My "sphere" is a Styrofoam ice chest with a hole cut in it to fit a mag head. The sensor is bolted on the front wall next the the light so that focus of the lights has less effect on the over all measurement.

CPF member Ti force has a calibrated sphere that he used to measure the output of one of my shorty mags for me. I use the exact mag fully charged to calibrate from.
All the maglites used to test the Adventure Sport Super Bulb*™ were 100% stock accept for the BULB. No resistance mods of any kind were made, and the factory plastic lens was what I used for testing.
Starting from least to greatest.

3 Alkaline C cell
1m.....652
2m.....632
3m.....610
5m.....584
10m...528
15m...494
20m...464
30m...423
40m...381
50m...326

3 Alkaline D Cell
1m.....747
2m.....728
3m.....713
5m.....692
10m...647
15m...618
20m...594
30m...560
40m...531
50m...502

3 C NIMH cells
1m.....850
2m.....842
3m.....839
5m.....831
10m...818
15m...807
20m...797

4 D NIMH cells
1m.....842
2m.....missed
3m.....834
5m.....826
10m...802
15m...784
20m...781

I also tested a few other lights for reference to the calibration of the sphere.
Quark AA2 X..........297 @ 1 minute Factory rated @ 280
Ultrafire C8............398 @ 1 minute Factory rated @ yeah right!
Ultrafire C8 on IMR..532 @ 1 minute
4D factory maglite...62 @ 1 minute Factory rated @ 98

Please let me know what you guys think. I value your feedback immensely!!

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wow:

That is impressive,
I was going to run a Malkoff XM-L2 in my 4D mag with my recently acquired Tenergy 10,000mAh "D" cells but you sir have my attention!

tjhabak

Enlightened
:wow:

That is impressive,
I was going to run a Malkoff XM-L2 in my 4D mag with my recently acquired Tenergy 10,000mAh "D" cells but you sir have my attention!

Ha ha....These are really nice, but you still can't go wrong with the Malkoff. I think the only logical thing you can do as a flashaholic is buy (at least) one of each!;)

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI jacinho,

:welcome:. IIRC the head depth on the older mags is different than the newer ones. If your 4 cell mag has a "D" at the beginning of the serial number then it should work.