best 3 inch flooder?

soraxd

Newly Enlightened
can anyone tell me the best flooder in the 3 inch range?
i see the new knurly, and am wondering if that's the new kind of flood. anyone who has tried these 3 inch mac monsters able to share?
looking for the best room flooder light
thanks!

the badger

Enlightened
I've got the new 800+ lumen Tri-EDC. It's beam is very similar to my 632 lumen Alpha Blue-Label with 6500K MCE, but is a tad brighter.

D2000

Enlightened
I've got a special configuration. It's the XPE2's in neutral tint in the TriEDC. Its great for me because it's a great balance between flood and throw, as the XPE2's are more throwy than the XPG2's

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
These Tri-EDC are maybe not what all would consider to be floody. There are and they aren't. Let me explain. They don't really have a hot spot and then a large flood area. It's more like they have a VERY large, smooth, even spot and no flood outside of that. I absolutely love the beam. This is with the XP-Gs. The XP-Es have a bit tighter brighter hotspot but with a bit of ringy flood area outside of that. The XP-G has the nicer looking beam. I have both.

The knurly version uses the same light engine and will have the same beam.

I have a 4000k XP-G, a high CRI XP-G, a cool (6200k?) XP-G, and a 5000k XP-E. My favorite is the XP-G high CRI (3000k) but I'm looking forward to trying a high CRI XP-G2 light engine hopefully around 3500k.