• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Brass screws?

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Are the current keychain Peak Logan 17500 QTC supposed to come with a brass screw under the keychain attachment? I have a HA and Stainless and neither have the screw :confused:.

I bought these lights about ~5 months ago from Oveready and only just noticed that talk of an 'adjustable brass screw' comes up a few times in other posts and is also featured in the photo of the Logan page on Oveready.

From what I can see, the head 'bottoms out' and reaches 100% output at about the same time on the SS Logan andI've not really noticed any problems with the HA Logan (other than QTC being fickle). Is it worth the £/effort to get some brass screws?

TIA

Edit: Plenty of room for all my AA's, no problems.
How'd you do strikethrough text?!?

Last edited:

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
I just received a Logan 17500 with keychain from Oveready and it too does not have the screw. Actually, the first Logan arrived DOA (quickly and efficiently replaced by Sarah -- THANKS!) and it didn't have the screw either. I never even noticed the discrepancy with the website photo. So, now I'm curious too! :D

Curt R

Enlightened
The QTC pill is the replacement for the Brass screw and is therefore not required or supplied.
We had also included a rubber plug to keep out junk when the key ring adapter was removed,
but some customers complained for one reason or another.

As for the head having to be screwed all the way down that is a battery length problem of
battery standards. The Chinese manufacturers do not follow international accepted standards
for battery sizes. We have 17500 batteries that require the head to be almost fully engaged
and others that just barely engage the O-ring. The standard for the AA Alkaline battery is
a total length differential of 0.037 inches. The 17500 batteries that I have measure 0.112
inches difference in length. Some other brands may be even shorter or longer. The 18650
batteries are even greater in size differences.

If someone would recommend a battery brand that has the correct size and post it here
that would be a benefit for everyone with a 17500 battery compartment.

Curt

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
The QTC pill is the replacement for the Brass screw and is therefore not required or supplied.
We had also included a rubber plug to keep out junk when the key ring adapter was removed,
but some customers complained for one reason or another.

As for the head having to be screwed all the way down that is a battery length problem of
battery standards. The Chinese manufacturers do not follow international accepted standards
for battery sizes. We have 17500 batteries that require the head to be almost fully engaged
and others that just barely engage the O-ring. The standard for the AA Alkaline battery is
a total length differential of 0.037 inches. The 17500 batteries that I have measure 0.112
inches difference in length. Some other brands may be even shorter or longer. The 18650
batteries are even greater in size differences.

If someone would recommend a battery brand that has the correct size and post it here
that would be a benefit for everyone with a 17500 battery compartment.

Curt

Thanks for the clarification Curt! I've edited the battery length 'problem' as I can't seem to replicate it with my AA eneloops, might have been something I encountered with one of the 'weird brand' alkalines I've been using that I found in a cupboard to see what runtimes on dead batteries was like.. :thinking:

For the record, AW 17500's fit fine! :thumbsup:

archimedes

Flashaholic
For battery brands, I use AW (ICR, IMR), Energizer (lithium AA/AAA), eneloops (NiMH), and SureFire (CR123A) ... no problems with any of those (including the use of the adapter set, as needed) - :)

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the AAA body I use AW 10440, Energizer lithium primaries and eneloop NiMH without problems.
I use AW 10180 for the short body without problems.