Wuben        

Thread: Team Oveready Update

Default Team Oveready Update

In the middle of my multiweek grand jury service, Sarah had a root canal go badly. We are working to recover and catch back up, but please excuse slow or incomplete responses over the next week or so.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Team Oveready Update

Hope all goes well for you and your family....Robert

Best wishes to Sarah. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Also, here's hoping your time on the grand jury wraps up soon too!

Best wishes for a full recovery, and hope you are done with jury duty soon!

WOW! Jury duty & root canal problems! I feel your pain! Best wishes to both of you!

Best wishes to sarah and courage to both of you.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

Best wishes to Sarah for a speedy recovery.

Enlightened

Oh my. Deepest sympathy. I once had a Dentist performing a root Treatment on me without any anesthetization what so ever...he claimed the "nerve's dead already anyway", but sadly that wasn't true. I just say: "Marathon Man" with Dustin Hoffman, teeth torture Scene. I felt about like that. Ever since I tend to be very picky concerning Dentists.

Best wishes for Sarah.

BTW, before doing any jury duty, be sure to watch "12 Angry Men".
    Pick your favorite character (mine was the stockbroker). Cite the movie as an inspiration for not avoiding jury duty.
    Get into character and quote lines from the movie during discussions and deliberations.

Best wishes and hope you folks are back fully rested.

NOTE: Need more peak mule bezels and bodies
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Best wishes to the Misses. Grand Jury, WOW!
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Dentists always scared me as a child. It's instances such as this that bring back that uneasy feeling.

Warm wishes for a full and speedy recovery for Sarah!
    Click Here to view my lights

Hi Guys,

The tooth in question has a history not unlike those above. Botched filling when she was a kid, then treated with a first root canal 10 or so laters and now treating with a second root canal 10 more years later. This 3rd procedure was supposed to be a less involved alternative to just pulling the tooth.

I've got another week to go still with my duty, but she's doing much better. Thank you everyone for your good wishes.

We are getting back up to speed, have not missed a ship date (beyond doing friday's on saturday), and are catching up on emails and posts. New goodies are starting to flow and development continues on even more great stuff!

Dan
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

It's good to hear she's doing better.

People don't always get the credit they deserve for serving as jurors. Depending upon the court and the type of case, it can be a major disruption. Thanks for doing it!

Default Team Oveready Update

Yes thank you. Is not so much the time but the emotional content that is the burden. Each of our cases involve children (I won't say more) and it takes more time and effort to come to terms with the details than to hear them and make the determination. Still, worth it to protect them.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 05-15-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Thank you for your well wishes I truly appreciate it. Dan was awesome with me in the ER. I saw him as having a white hat, my mother thinks he deserves the halo, he calls himself guard husband.

I am so proud of him for doing this grand jury service. He is on a special grand jury. The only cases he hears involve children and some type of abuse. It is heart wrenching.

I am so thankful and so impressed with him for nursing me through this, keeping OVEREADY running, and keeping himself together. All the cheers and well wishes should go to him.

Thanks & Cheers,
    Sarah
    The Very Merry FlashlightWidow

I personally don't know but my wife has had a lot of similar dental problems. Many caused from a previous hack dentist we're told. Hope all is well. As for jury duty I always have to use my "I'm self employed" out. Here they pay $10.00 a day. That won't buy my gas much less feed the Mrs. and three children.

eeeek, that sucks! Hope you feel better and the trial winds down quickly.

Flashaholic*

Hope that the tooth is now on the mend, and that grand jury service ends without fuss. Best of luck to you guys.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Hope all is well, I hate things like this all at once. All the best, and save me a Triad Tailcap!
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Sarah, Dan and Tom:

Best wishes for a quick recovery, and decision on the indictment.

Dentists and attorneys. My grandfather once said, if you see either, "turn the other way and run." Funny, coming from me, an old Air Force JAG. (My uncle is a dentist.)

BTW: Incredible service and turn around on my recent order.

Thanks guys!

My service finished this week. For those who are curious:

Grand Jury is a gatekeeper between the prosecution and the rest of the court system/process. The GJ certifies the evidence as sufficient to warrant going to trial. In practice, the DA knows this and works to have a case ready (and worthy) for trial, before presentation to the GJ. If the GJ does not approve at least one charge, the case does not proceed. Approval is a super majority of juniors, voting to 'true bill'.

In cases where testimony is the evidence, testimony is heard first hand. Its the job of the GJ members to evaluate the truth of what is presented by means of evaluating the emotion of the witness making the presentation. ie, you consider it right if it feels right. But to do that, you have to experience what they experienced, as you listen to them share.

Difference states do it in different ways. Some impanel legal professionals (including judges) do this. Oregon has citizens do this. For my service, individual cases each took a single day and there were up to 3 cases each week. In theory, I could have ended up hearing 12 cases. Thankfully, there are not that many cases in the system this month.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 05-24-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Thank you for the explanation! I'm a criminal justice student here in PA and I'm always interested to hear how individual states structure their legal systems. You'd think criminal justice students would study individual states. Unfortunately, having 50 state governments + the federal gov + hundreds of thousands of local governments makes it an impossible task.

Also, thank you for serving your community in this way. Being on jury, whether a grand jury or otherwise, is a valuable service to your fellow citizens.