Melbourne, Victoria spring 2013 meet.

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
I am planning a get together for spring. It may be a camping trip near Beaufort.
-37.3175°,143.2735°

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm keen, but I do my camping these days in a motel with hot and cold running water :)

Norm

David18

Newly Enlightened
Sounds greats. Spring starts 1st Sep. I am guessing you will have it on a weekend? Is that right? FWIW, I can't make it on the weekend of 7-8 Sep and 14-15 Sep..

Norm

Retired Administrator
Remember the moon cycles.

8729596777_55e8dee886_z.jpg

Sounds greats. Spring starts 1st Sep. I am guessing you will have it on a weekend? Is that right? FWIW, I can't make it on the weekend of 7-8 Sep and 14-15 Sep..

Unfortunately 7th and 8th looks ideal.

Norm

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
14-15 is the mrs. Birthday. If I wanted divorced, then that's a good option.

The 7-8th I'm booked on call, but this far out I should have no trouble swapping it.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, full moon is not good for me too.... sudden long hair, lots of fangs and claws, quite abit of howling and blood thirsty tendencies....

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
There seems to be very nice lakes at Alfredton and Lake Burrumbeet. Any nice camping sites there?

Lake Burrumbeet by Leoht, on Flickr
Burrumbeet has a large grassy area out past the ski club but fire wood is almost non existent. I camped at Ditchfields a week ago and burnt two ute loads of beautiful dry yellowbox That we cut within earshot of the campground. It was that hot in the hut I slept on top of my swag.

If you want to do Alfredton you could stay at the Windmill caravan park, there is a swamp out the back called Winter swamp it has walking tracks and would be good for beam shots. Unfortunately it is close enough to town to suffer from some light pollution. (You can see my workplace from Winter swamp and its well lit at night.)

Winters Swamp by Leoht, on Flickr

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know the area at all, but looking at the co-ords on google earth, the proposed spot looks pretty good...

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
I don't know the area at all, but looking at the co-ords on google earth, the proposed spot looks pretty good...

Yes it is one of my favourites, I took some photos last weekend but I haven't had a chance to get them of my DSLR and on to the laptop. (I have a new laptop and I have to install the cannon software.)

Anyway when I have done that I will post them here.

I am also considering places with accommodation nearby for those that don't want to rough it.

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
I have a couple of photos of Ditchfield that I took the weekend before last and a couple from a few years ago.[[[

Last edited:

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
Long drop dunny, no showers on site but I can take a shower up if needed complete with water heater.