• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger Momentary compatability

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have an extra momentary switch for a Peak Eiger. Does anyone know if it will work also on a Logan body?

I believe the threads are compatible, but there have been several versions which vary in length (to accommodate different batteries, QTC, tube thickness, etc)....

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the different versions of the momentary correspond to or are combatible with the generations of QTC. I believe that if you have a new momentary switch and the Logan has an older generation QTC, you can upgrade the QTC. I'm not sure the gentlemen at Peak will answer this question, but the Oveready team might provide an answer. Or someone with more experience than I have.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the posts above are correct.

Peak's momentary switches all use the same body and component parts - except one: the piston which makes the battery contact. These pistons have been made in four different lengths to accommodate different light bodies. The pistons have also been made in two styles: spring loaded and fixed. The QTC requires a fixed piston (can't achieve sufficient compression for the QTC with a spring loaded piston).

To the OP - you won't need a new switch, but may need a different piston.