Closet Clothes Hanging Bar LED Light System

SemiMan

Banned
It's unique, but I wonder if the minimal distance from the bar to the clothes will provide adequate illumination to anything but the top of the clothes?

slebans

Enlightened
It's unique, but I wonder if the minimal distance from the bar to the clothes will provide adequate illumination to anything but the top of the clothes?

Obviously hangars come in many different shapes and sizes. I just measured a couple and there is easily 3 inches to the top of the shirt from the bottom of the light source. The site states beam spread is 115 degrees. You're probably right though - I would have to buy hangars with a longer neck to get the best effect. A couple of hundred hangars is a small price to pay for having the coolest closet around.
:)

SemiMan

Banned
Obviously hangars come in many different shapes and sizes. I just measured a couple and there is easily 3 inches to the top of the shirt from the bottom of the light source. The site states beam spread is 115 degrees. You're probably right though - I would have to buy hangars with a longer neck to get the best effect. A couple of hundred hangars is a small price to pay for having the coolest closet around.
:)

At 115 degrees and a 3" offset, that is a beam spread of 9.5" give or take. I wonder if that 115 degrees is half magnitude or 10%. 9.5" is pretty narrow. If you have all black clothes, its goes to be a dark closet! :) .... Did they use cool or at least neutral white so you could differentiate your black and dark blue suits?

Semiman

slebans

Enlightened
At 115 degrees and a 3" offset, that is a beam spread of 9.5" give or take. I wonder if that 115 degrees is half magnitude or 10%. 9.5" is pretty narrow. If you have all black clothes, its goes to be a dark closet! :) .... Did they use cool or at least neutral white so you could differentiate your black and dark blue suits?
Semiman

When you get to be my age it becomes even more difficult to distinguish blue from black under low CCT incandescent lighting. Perhaps I will stick a couple of the 5000K new Cree bulbs in the closet to test their effect on this issue.

maru78

Newly Enlightened
You must take into account the thickness of the pipe as plastic hangers often do not fit in. luck

Last edited by a moderator: