Worth repairing???

Grifter9931

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 Niterider digital head trip lights that are in need of to some TLC.
They were used without my permission and were returned in pretty bad shape.
The need new reflectors and probably new lights etc..
Is it worth sending these out to the manufacturer and having them refurbished or is it better to just purchase new lights?

Also can they be converted to led etc??

They served me well in the past, but like I said they are in need of some TLC
If any forum dwellers would like a chance to mod this particular light system please let me know.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could certainly e-mail Niterider and see what they say. As you mention, converting to LED would have some advantages over the option of using relatively old and inefficient technology. I don't think I can offer much encouragement, however. I've converted some of my small battery powered incandescent bike lights over to LED as an excuse to tinker, and I do enjoy it. However, the need to add heatsinking and some sort of regulation (a.k.a. "driver") circuit to control the current delivered to the LED does make it a lot of work.

You might be able to search the threads here, and see how often this question has been asked in the past, and then see how many people actually go ahead with it. I can recall at least a few inquiries, and I haven't heard of any of them going ahead with it. I think it all depends on how comfortable you are with the work, and what you consider to be entertaining. Considering how many good lights are on the market nowadays, it's hard to argue that it is cost-effective.

Latest posts