• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Elzetta by Oveready

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my two cell ordered yesterday, can't wait to get my hands on this mean machine!

d337944

Enlightened
Elzettas are the absolute best for Malkoff drop-ins ... I much prefer their size, feel in hand, and easy two-stage tailcap than my standard Surefire hosts, as they are more compact and just "feel" more solid.

I'ts a shame I've already got a non-bored 2-cell host otherwise I would've jumped on the Oveready bored host immediately! Mine's got an M61SHO in it using AW 16340s.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think when you get it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'ts a shame I've already got a non-bored 2-cell host otherwise I would've jumped on the Oveready bored host immediately! Mine's got an M61SHO in it using AW 16340s.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think when you get it. :thumbsup:

Send it to Barry at Precision Works for boring. He is doing a couple of mine right now.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone that bought the Oveready Elzetta report back here if the tube is a front or rear loading setup?
Is there a retaining lip at the front?

I found front loading a little tedious. You need to ensure that the oring is seated in properly before inserting the drop in. Then you need to ensure that the drop in and oring does not shift while you screw in the bezel to the tube.

Rear loading will resolve this.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone that bought the Oveready Elzetta report back here if the tube is a front or rear loading setup?
Is there a retaining lip at the front?

I found front loading a little tedious. You need to ensure that the oring is seated in properly before inserting the drop in. Then you need to ensure that the drop in and oring does not shift while you screw in the bezel to the tube.

Rear loading will resolve this.

Yes, these are rear loading with a retaining lip

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, these are rear loading with a retaining lip

That is great to note. It will make battery changing a whole lot easier.

In the 3 cell setup, I tried using the 17500 cells but it appears to be a tad too long for the switches to work.
Did you find this to be a valid reason?
Or must we use the IMR 18490 cells to get it to work?

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look what arrived today. As stated, a little tedious getting the drop in, seal, lense, and o ring all together but not bad. Love the size, finish, and silent switch. First impressions, great!

IMG_20130531_115018.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
In the 3 cell setup, I tried using the 17500 cells but it appears to be a tad too long for the switches to work.
Did you find this to be a valid reason?
Or must we use the IMR 18490 cells to get it to work?

Yeah, boring doesn't 'fix' any length issues. Protected 18500 are also a tad to long.

IMR 18490's work a treat, and put the - end about where the end is on 18650 in the 2 cell setup.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, boring doesn't 'fix' any length issues. Protected 18500 are also a tad to long.

IMR 18490's work a treat, and put the - end about where the end is on 18650 in the 2 cell setup.

Thanks for confirming that.
Elzetta's tolerances and free play maybe a tad tighter than 9P and MD3.

I also discovered when used with a malkoff drop in, the 2 cell bezel does not screw in all the way. There is a gap between the bezel and body. Use the same setup with a 3 cell, it is a nice fit without any visible gaps.

Last edited:

d337944

Enlightened
Thanks for confirming that.
Elzetta's tolerances and free play maybe a tad tighter than 9P and MD3.

I also discovered when used with a malkoff drop in, the 2 cell bezel does not screw in all the way. There is a gap between the bezel and body. Use the same setup with a 3 cell, it is a nice fit without any visible gaps.

I can confirm that with my 2 cell unbored Elzetta there is also a little gap when the bezel is screwed all the way down as well, no matter whether I use an M61 or M60 style drop-in. I put in a nice GID o-ring to cover up this gap, and also another one at the tailcap end, and it all looks perfect now. :)

Enjoy your new Elzetta KDM! :thumbsup:

fabienne

Enlightened
Is Elzetta host purchase also including the lens if I didn't purchase Malkoff dropin at OR ?
Any other dropin compatibility ? Such a shame that it only fits Malkoff and not your triple xpg dropin.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the bored Elzetta bored host come with a M60 drop in? I will guess and say no, but I just wanted to be sure.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry for the confusion.

All bored Elzetta hosts come with lens + lens ring + two head o rings (one red, one black).

No bored Elzetta hosts include engine/drop in.

Malkoff drop ins are thinner than other drops ins, for maximum compatibility with a wide assortment of hosts. MD and Elzetta hosts have thinner sockets for a tight fit around Malkoff drop ins. This makes them incompatible with drop ins designed for tight fit with larger hosts like SF. Triple drop ins will not fit in Elzetta hosts.

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
All bored Elzetta hosts come with lens + lens ring + two head o rings (one red, one black).

A friend bought one of the 2 cell Elzetta host from you. He tells me that it does not come with the small oring that sits in the circular groove on the bezel inner font. The oring that keeps water from coming in from the bezel front.

You indicate in your post that a lens ring is included. Which is ring that is included?

If not provided, what is the oring size that sits in between the drop in and the lens. Thanks.

Redhat703

Enlightened
A friend bought one of the 2 cell Elzetta host from you. He tells me that it does not come with the small oring that sits in the circular groove on the bezel inner font. The oring that keeps water from coming in from the bezel front.

You indicate in your post that a lens ring is included. Which is ring that is included?

If not provided, what is the oring size that sits in between the drop in and the lens. Thanks.
I use the M61 lens and head gasket that I bought from MK for my 2-cell with M61W. Works great!