Quality Belts

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy quality belts.
Is there a black belt that the finish does not rub off easily when using a rip-offs phone pouch with a meta clip?

Thanks for any recommendations.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the bridle leather belts from CC Filson and the belts offered by David Morgan. If you want to splurge, the hornback crocodile belt offered by David Morgan is beautiful and a real value.

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
I bought a nice Filson belt from LL Bean a few years ago. I don't know if they still carry them.

Driftwood7

Newly Enlightened
Cabels caries a nice jeans belt. It's 1 1/2 inches wide and looks good I've had mine for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use three different 1-1/2" belts. They are thicker than dress belts for stability in carrying items. Each is about $100. My preference is for the tapered ends so that the belt looks "normal" to others from the front.

Milt Sparks Holsters - 6 month wait but well worth it. (my favorite)
The Beltman (my second favorite)
High Noon Holsters (one of my top three)

Last edited:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years back I bought a belt that was actually a heavy duty nylon tie down strap from Berkley Point. It has an adjustable stainless steel buckle and quick release snap and is rated at 1,000 lbs. I really like it.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!!! Great recommendations. I will check them all out, and see if I can figure out which one I like.
Thanks for everyone's help.

persco

Enlightened
Also check out Saddleback Leather belts. I have had two Beltman belts and wasn't happy with them. Too stiff and uncomfortable. The Saddleback Leather one is SOLID. But it's uber comfortable.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also check out Saddleback Leather belts. I have had two Beltman belts and wasn't happy with them. Too still and uncomfortable. The Saddleback Leather one is SOLID. But it's uber comfortable.

I have no idea about their belts, but if they're anything like my wallet - then they simply can't be beaten...

- Matt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your ok with a nylon belt, Wilderness do some great ones.
i have the 1.5" titanium 5 stitch and love it, it's 5 years old, very comfy, and still looks almost new.
When I wear the webbing out, I will be sending the buckle back to have a new belt built on it.

(5 stitch is a little bit stiffer than the 3 stitch, and the CSM is stiffer again, the 1.5" is available with a Titanium buckle, or steel, the 1.75" is steel only, they also do some Delrin buckled models that are great for travelling, but are still nice and stiff and suitable for carrying a bunch of EDC stuff)

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
If your ok with a nylon belt, Wilderness do some great ones.
i have the 1.5" titanium 5 stitch and love it, it's 5 years old, very comfy, and still looks almost new.
When I wear the webbing out, I will be sending the buckle back to have a new belt built on it.

(5 stitch is a little bit stiffer than the 3 stitch, and the CSM is stiffer again, the 1.5" is available with a Titanium buckle, or steel, the 1.75" is steel only, they also do some Delrin buckled models that are great for travelling, but are still nice and stiff and suitable for carrying a bunch of EDC stuff)

I second Wilderness Tactical since you didn't say you wanted leather. I've got 2 different versions of their 1-3/4" belts and I love them. Strong, sturdy and still comfortable. One is a Frequent Flyer with polymer buckles to not set off metal detectors and one is an Instructor belt.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
As mentioned by others, the Filson Double Belt is one recommendation. There's also The Beltman to check out. Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow!!! Great recommendations. I will check them all out, and see if I can figure out which one I like.
Thanks for everyone's help.
So, have you settled on a belt or two or three? Just curious to know that's all.

nbp

Flashaholic
I just received my Saddleback Tow Belt in coffee brown today.

It is far and away the finest belt I have ever owned, perhaps ever seen. If it ages as gracefully as my SB wallet, it will just get better and better. It is truly beautiful. My dad (who has worked with leather products for over 30 years) looked at it and was very impressed with the quality. I wish I could afford a whole array of products from them.

KiltedMP

Newly Enlightened
Wanted a Maxpedition Liger belt, but they are in stalled production pending a rehash of the design. Am trying the 5.11 Apex gunner's belt. Very durable and comfortable, but with the double prongs, it's a bear to put on tightly and just as bearish to get off. I'll just have to try a few tricks or just get used to it. Both belts are 1.5", with the Maxpedition offering a 1.25" version as well.

I don't expect the 5.11 to wear appreciably unless I go sliding across some asphalt, so it's a lifetime buy providing my size remains close to the same.

persco

Enlightened
I just received my Saddleback Tow Belt in coffee brown today.

It is far and away the finest belt I have ever owned, perhaps ever seen. If it ages as gracefully as my SB wallet, it will just get better and better. It is truly beautiful. My dad (who has worked with leather products for over 30 years) looked at it and was very impressed with the quality. I wish I could afford a whole array of products from them.

I had one for two years and it looks better with age. This one has been all over the place as I worked and traveled overseas last year. I've tried a lot of belts looking for a quality one and Saddleback is the best I've tried. I wish they made dress belts that I could use with a suit, though.

Latest posts