• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Nautilus Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Now that the Aeon project is wrapping up I am beginning work on the Nautilus Mk. II for delivery in late June.

1861836276_d7427e0866_z.jpg

The Nautilus is essentially a CR123 version of the Aeon, providing longer runtimes and a larger reflector in a slightly more portly package.

Here is a brief summary of the light's features:
- Ultra Clear Lens for 99% Light Transmittance
- Deep Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
- Nichia 219 High-CRI LED, 114 Lumens Output on High
- CP Grade II Titanium Construction
- O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
- Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
- 20.5mm in Diameter by 67mm Short
- 2 Ounces / 57 Grams Weight
- 2:45 Runtime on High Mode, Medium/Low Mode TBD

The batch of these is available at $425 each plus shipping ($15 for US shipments, $40 for International), and PayPal is [email protected]. Assembly will start this weekend and lights are expected to ship out before the end of the month.

There is a review of the Nautilus here: http://www.everydaycommentary.com/2013/05/muyshondt-aeon-and-nautilus-mk-ii-review.html

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks folks!

Enrique

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can this run on rechargeables?

I recall reading the older ones can run RCR's, but you just have to be careful with unprotected cells. Enrique mentioned these are designed to drain the last drop of juice out of CR123's

nbp

Flashaholic
Will you keep us posted on how many are left as we move along here?

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I was lucky enough to pick up the prototype Nautilus Mk. II and I have been enjoying it for a couple of weeks now. It is a beautifully made light, with three perfectly spaced levels. The tint and beam quality are top notch. I'm sure none of this comes as a surprise to people that have used Enrique's lights in the past, or have gotten an Aeon Mk. II, which is the same light with a different battery.

I don't have an Aeon Mk. II to compare it to, but compared to my older Aeon, it is a great upgrade. The output at medium and high are about the same as the Aeon's, but with improved tint and CRI, and the added low is PERFECT for indoor tasks where you don't need a lot of light or don't want to disturb others.

I have been carrying my Nautilus in the coin pocket on my jeans and the size increase from the Aeon actually makes it better for me, since the Aeon was small enough that it would end up sitting at the bottom of the pocket on its side, while the Nautilus stays straight up, while still being small enough to be unobtrusive. A minor point, but worth noting that the Nautilus is still small enough that it can fit where most EDC lights cannot.

I always seem to have a pile of partially used CR123s sitting around, so having the Nautilus to make use of them is terrific. The run times are long enough that I don't expect to be draining a lot of batteries, but it is nice to know that if I do manage to kill a battery, I won't have to hunt for a replacement.

As for output, I think the high is absolutely bright enough for a very small EDC. Any brighter and heat management becomes an issue. Unless you start adding more levels, the high on this is what high should be for a very small light. A medium of 30 lumens and a high of 300 lumens leaves you either getting by on 30 lumens, or burning your hand and killing your battery.

This isn't much of a review, but I think the Nautilus is a nearly ideal EDC light and expect to be carrying it until Mk. III comes out.

nbp

Flashaholic
Will you keep us posted on how many are left as we move along here?

The reason I ask is I'm selling a light Saturday and if there are units left by then I may want to pick up one of these. You know I'm a sucker for your lights Enrique. ;)

carrot

Flashaholic
I have an older Ti Nautilus with (I think) a Cree XR-E. It is a fine specimen and an excellent addition to anybody's collection or every day carry, that is, as long as they have impeccable taste in toys or gadgets. A remarkable light built to stand the test of time.

It is good to see you around again Endeavour.

nbp

Flashaholic
nbp: Sure, I'll post when they're all gone, I expect you'll be OK by Saturday, though. :)

Sweet. I may just need to have two Ti Nautiluses/Nautili/Nautilodes in my collection. :naughty:

As an aside, were there Ti Ions ever made? The Ion I have is Al and it might be fun to track down a Ti Ion at some point to go with my Ti Nautilus, Ti Aeon and Ti Mako. A complete set. :eek:oo:

I have an older Ti Nautilus with (I think) a Cree XR-E. It is a fine specimen and an excellent addition to anybody's collection or every day carry, that is, as long as they have impeccable taste in toys or gadgets. A remarkable light built to stand the test of time.

It is good to see you around again Endeavour.

My friend Carrot, I believe you forgot the :paypal: portion of your post. ;)

carrot

Flashaholic
Sweet. I may just need to have two Ti Nautiluses/Nautili/Nautilodes in my collection. :naughty:

As an aside, were there Ti Ions ever made? The Ion I have is Al and it might be fun to track down a Ti Ion at some point to go with my Ti Nautilus, Ti Aeon and Ti Mako. A complete set. :eek:oo:
I don't know, but I have one very rare 24k Ion :)

My friend Carrot, I believe you forgot the :paypal: portion of your post. ;)
Maybe. I am mulling it over but it is a lot of money to spend on by surprise (I didn't even know these were happening).

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't know, but I have one very rare 24k Ion :)

Maybe. I am mulling it over but it is a lot of money to spend on by surprise (I didn't even know these were happening).

24k is too rich for my blood. :huh:

They were a surprise to most of us; during discussion of the Aeon Mk. II it suddenly came up that Nautili were in the works! :wow:

Hoosier Light

Newly Enlightened
I'm in, PayPal sent. Having just received the Aeon Mk II this week after using the original Aeon as my EDC for 15 months, I just can't resist springing for a Nautilus, even though it may end up as a shelf queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.