? about AT&T cordless telephone model 9311

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Does anybody have a 900MHz cordless telephone, the AT&T model 9311?
I need to turn the ringer on, but I don't have the instructions and didn't find any assistance on the internet.
I bought the thing at a flea market for $10, and it did not come with the instructional manual.

The handset works, and the "pager" button on the base station works too, but I need to know what to do to turn the ringer on - low volume if possible.

Thank you ahead of time.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
craif id assume the ringer was on by dfault.so maybe remove battery and it will go back to its default setings?

Saaby

Flashaholic
You're sure it doesn't have a switch somewhere to turn the ringer on? No devoted button either? I know on the past 2 phones we've had (Crappy VTechs, but that's a different thread alltogether) you change the ringer by holding down "Program" and then when it goes into program number mode you hit # and then 1,2,3,4 for ringers and 0 for off.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
You're sure it doesn't have a switch somewhere to turn the ringer on? No devoted button either? I know on the past 2 phones we've had (Crappy VTechs, but that's a different thread alltogether) you change the ringer by holding down "Program" and then when it goes into program number mode you hit # and then 1,2,3,4 for ringers and 0 for off.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no switch for the ringer, and no devoted button on the handset or base station for it either.
It does have a "program" button on the handset though, so I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

My ISP is a dial-up connected to my home telephone line, so I'll have to disconnect that before I try your tips with my AT&T cordless phone...BRB...

(Edit) Well that didn't work. I tried taking the battery out and then putting it back in a minute later, and that didn't work either. A red LED flashes on the front of the handset to let you know it's ringing, but the sound does not get made. (It behaved this way earlier too).

Darell

Flashaholic
Is there a button called "loud" or "loudness?" I have a phone that uses that button for earpiece volume when talking, and for ringing volume when NOT talking. What do your bottons say that are NOT the number keys?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There is a volume switch on the side of the handset for earpiece volume; it's already turned all the way up.

As for the "non dialing" buttons, on the top row, there is "phone" (press it to get a dialtone or to answer), "redial", and "off" (press it to hang up).
On the bottom (under the dialing keys), there's "program", "memory", and "channel".
The "channel" button appears to just change the frequency of the carrier or subcarrier, so if you get crosstalk from somebody else's cordless telephone, you can press it to change the channel and hopefully eliminate it.

On the left side of the handset is the three position "volume" switch. And on the right is a jack for a headset/mic.

Empath

Flashaholic
On the AT&T website under customer service and product FAQs there is this question:

Q: I lost the user manual for my AT&T cordless telephone. How do I order a replacement user manual?

A: Call 1 800 222-3111 to request a replacement.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I have a cordless phone with a ringer that doesn't work, I just sell it at a flea market. Some sucker will buy it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
eluminator said:
When I have a cordless phone with a ringer that doesn't work, I just sell it at a flea market. Some sucker will buy it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gifthat was cold lol.

Big Tex

Enlightened
My previous phone was an AT&T and one utilized the Program/Chan button to change the ringer. Press Program and then press the right arrow until Ringer appears. There were 4-5 plus off setttings for the ringer. Pick one and then hit select for it. You might try this and see if it works.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Craig, click "support" and then on the left "manuals" the 9311 is there.

Or just take the shortcut:

Handset Ringer Style
You can select from four different handset ringer styles.
1 Make sure the handset is off.
2 Press {Program} , {#}
3 Press {1},{2},{3}or {4} to select your ringer style. You will hear a sample of the ringer style.
4 Press {Program}

Hitting {5} instead of {1},{2},{3}, or {4} will turn the ringer off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
As Saaby pointed out, the PDF file is here.

Edit: On second thought, I switched the link to the page with the link on it. A pdf file is usually safe, but I've heard of it being used to exploit a weakness. I'll let you decide whether AT&T is trustworthy.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you both for the advice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I finally got my phone to ring, and chose the least obnoxious ring tone for it. So now I'll hear it ring if NPD or the wheelchair bank calls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess this problem is no more, so the topic can just wither on the vine or I'll find out how to lock it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif