Powerstream 1/2Ds

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where is a good source to purchase these from? I did do some searching on the Net and came up with quite a few hits. I am wondering if these are only purchased through group buys?

Also, do you need a special charger for these Powerstream 1/2Ds or can the oem suffice e.g. magcharger or streamlight?

Thanks in advance...

Dukester

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Zeppert said:
www.powerstream.com You can charge them either way, in or out of your flashlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it appears that I will be able to purchase them individually instead of in bulk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
Dukester, do I sense a Magcharger/WA 01160 mod happening for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

well........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I called and was told they were out of stock at first. Then the guy said "hold on a second please" and he somehow found a few laying around in various places. I told him I needed five and he said "wait one more sec" ... and finally he told me he found a fifth cell. He then said they were from different batches so they would look different. I have no idea what they are sending me. Just hope they work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FlashlightOCD said:
I called and was told they were out of stock at first. Then the guy said "hold on a second please" and he somehow found a few laying around in various places. I told him I needed five and he said "wait one more sec" ... and finally he told me he found a fifth cell. He then said they were from different batches so they would look different. I have no idea what they are sending me. Just hope they work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gifThats a scary thought...

Keep us posted on how you faired. It does take 5 cells does it not to make a batt stick for the MagCharger/SL-35x?? What was your cost per cell?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it takes 5 cells. I paid 2.50/cell. I was also told by the Powerstream guy that they normally don't sell by the piece like that, but they happened to have extra 1/2 D's lying around. Get 'em while you can is the message, I believe.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Concerning my questionable order from PowerStream: I got the batteries today. Two different color plastic wraps but at least they all said 1.2V 2500mAh on them. They are in the charger right now. No smoke yet, I'll know tomorrow how well they work [or don't work].

My cost was $3.00/cell, and I also got hit with a $10 S&H fee ... $25 total.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FlashlightOCD said:
Concerning my questionable order from PowerStream: I got the batteries today. Two different color plastic wraps but at least they all said 1.2V 2500mAh on them. They are in the charger right now. No smoke yet, I'll know tomorrow how well they work [or don't work].

My cost was $3.00/cell, and I also got hit with a $10 S&H fee ... $25 total.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I note a mushroom cloud coming from the southeaster skies it is Fidel Castro doing something stupid or it is your Batt Charger getting smoke checked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Let us know how they worked out...

Thanks,

Dukester

Illuminated

Enlightened
If you search for older posts by Lemlux on these, I think you'll find that they had these cells for sale individually because they had an order cancellation on them after they had them manufactured. Sounds like they're just about gone.

I'd be interested in a group buy on these in solder-tabbed form because I think there's some voltage drop between cells with button tops, plus the button tops make for a tighter fit (lengthwise) in some lights.

Also, my 4D got dropped on the bezel once, and the button tops left impressions on the bottoms of the cells. They seem to still work OK, but that's pretty scary for cells that can deliver 100 amps or more in a short circuit situation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif (fire bad...)

John

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Illuminated said:
... plus the button tops make for a tighter fit (lengthwise) in some lights ...
John

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh ... that explains why the MC+ tailcap was so tight and difficult to screw on with the new batteries, I thought it was just my imagination.

Edit: The PowerStream batteries seem to be working fine.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FlashlightOCD said:
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: The PowerStream batteries seem to be working fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for checking back...

Latest posts