Surefire E1L - 2013 model

tonkem

Enlightened
Available at Bhphotovideo.com $180!

Who is going to get one? I have 2 of the old ones 45/5 dual stage, and love them. I am a bit concerned of the regulation with the EB1 lack of regulation. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks Tony

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Who is going to get one? I have 2 of the old ones 45/5 dual stage, and love them. I am a bit concerned of the regulation with the EB1 lack of regulation. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks Tony

The EB1 issue was overblown, IMO. Having used one for several months, I haven't experienced any issues with the light due to the regulation "Issue."

tonkem

Enlightened
The EB1 issue was overblown, IMO. Having used one for several months, I haven't experienced any issues with the light due to the regulation "Issue."

I get that, but if I am going to spend $180 on a light, I want it to be flat regulation, as are all my other lights. I guess it is just a personal preference.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Argh... rather same setup, E2L-AA is on my to-get-list (as I really want E2L-AA body that would go with my powerful Nichia219 power-house) and was planning to pick one up for $126 in the US on my upcoming vacation trip (they average $126 old model, $130 on amazon)...

But now that new head is going to be offered... I would have to wait even MORE to get same body and better head as $180 is rather... backing me up where I was for past 12-16 months... :( I might as well swallow the bullet and hope for even more discount on old model when this 2013 gets out...

MatthewSB

Enlightened

Thanks Tony

I wouldn't worry about it, the E1L isn't exactly 'pushing the limits' with it's nowhere-near-200-lumen power.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt that regulation would be a problem with this light like the others said. According to the BH photo specs, it's only rated 80 lumens. The runtime on max is 4 hours which is much better than the old model E1B which ran on hi for about a hour or so in regulation. Looks like this light has a newer more efficient emmitter, so regulation should not be a issue.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I doubt that regulation would be a problem with this light like the others said. According to the BH photo specs, it's only rated 80 lumens. The runtime on max is 4 hours which is much better than the old model E1B which ran on hi for about a hour or so in regulation. Looks like this light has a newer more efficient emmitter, so regulation should not be a issue.

The current one that I have looks to be about 80 lumens and its not the new KX1B. I think the new one will have a higher output than 80 lumens

Patrik

Newly Enlightened
Where are you getting This information about the new E1L, is it official from SF? Was it displayed at Shot Show? Edit: Oh, found some info about it. Looking for a new 1 x CR123, 4 hours of output, would be more interesting then the Eb1. And nicer knurling. = )

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
BHphotovideo now has all the new outdoorsmans in stock, e2l, e1l, and e2l-aa for $190 for the e2l and e2laa and $180 for the e1l.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure the "new" E1L has been shipped for a while now. I recently picked up one cheap from LApolicegear and it came with a KX1B head but the box indicated it was a 3/45 lumen model. The packaging is finally catching up to the product being shipped. This is also discussed here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...re-E1L-and-it-Came-with-KX1B-New-in-Box/page2

No, the new one just came out at shot 2013, 80 lumens advertised vs 45 lumens. Larger optic, etc.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does the new optic do? More flood? Does the new bezel have a different designation, KX1C?

tonkem

Enlightened
What does the new optic do? More flood? Does the new bezel have a different designation, KX1C?

Supposedly a longer throw, as the head is larger. That is per the shotshow videos that have been done, on youtube. That is what the surefire rep said.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Done
I'll give you a run down of it in 8-9 days.
I wonder if they stuck with the plan of leaving the head unglued so its sorta focusable?