• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Questions for Curt about High CRI Logan QTC

discoverEDC

Enlightened
Curt, I was blessed to choose my Fathers Day gift this year and I have a High CRI Logan 17500 in the mail :thumbsup: A couple of questions if you don't mind: As I understand it the high CRI emitter is an 85 CRI Cree XPG, what flux bin are you using at the moment? Next question, could you describe some of the thought process that went into the design of the driver? The ability to run 1.0 volts to 4.2 volts is very useful and one of the reasons I went with the 17500 body for my Logan (and purchased the battery adaptor kit). I've admired Peak lights for a while but the addition of the QTC (and high CRI) gave me that final push. I read the announcement thread for the 123 Logan and it mentioned a buck-boost driver; with the advent of QTC the driver went to a 'throttled' boost driver. I'm curious how the driver deals with the difference between Vf and 4.2 volts and regulates to 1.0 A max. I understand you don't want to release any poprietary information but whatever info you can give will be appreciated. Regards, Walt

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you that the led he uses is a Cree xpg, 3700k tint. As to the buck/boost, I don't know what the limits are but it's designed to work most efficiently with a li-ion battery. 3.7-4.2 volts. It will run on 2AA without having to boost, and it has to buck 6v+.