Black Bullet X - 1.000.000 Lux/Candela

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi i spend some time to build my Black Bullet X. Some Details:

- Trusfire X2 Host
- Cree XP-G² R5
- Sinkpad Copper Star
- PCB-Components AMpere Buck Driver (5.2 Amper out)
- Wavien RLT™ Collar
- 78mm Glass Lens
- 3 x Efest 18650 3400mA/h Cells

I messured 10.500 Lux at 10 Meters distance. That are back calculated to 1 Meter: 1.050.000 Lux/Candella.

This light is only for demonstration how far a single LED light can throw. It is not perfect now, cause the values are fast sinking to 950.000Lux. This is cuase by the thin heatsink. If i have more time i will build a new on out of copper.

Pictures:

4swf-pw-6214.jpg

4swf-px-8b6d.jpg

Details and inside pictures will follow.
sky
Obijuan Kenobe
dave1988
good!
husker
Fresh Light

Thanks for looking, Markus

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi, i am waiting for the responce from wavien. At this moment i do not know anything about their licens model. Then i will see if i make a small batch of these.

Markus

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
What a great first picture! Perfect time of day. That must have taken some planning! Yeah, that does look like a great light to get.

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

the XP-G² is without Dome. But this is a first shot. A dedoming doesn´t double the Values with the collar. I will make some additional tests with a xp-g² with a dome and post the values here. also some details pictures. nothing is secret!

markus

Tiresius

Enlightened
de-doming doesn't double the value but does increase its throw due to the smaller image projected by the lens. It'll project a tighter and brighter beam over the domed version. I have tested this before I sold my light and to the eyes, it is considerably brighter and better at throw.

mash.m

Enlightened
hi matt, you are right and wrong. dedoming nearly doubles the output values of throw that is messured in lux/cd in a normal lens/reflector setup. you can easy messure this with a lux meter. it does not double the overall light output that is messured in lumen!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi matt, you are right and wrong. dedoming nearly doubles the output values of throw that is messured in lux/cd in a normal lens/reflector setup. you can easy messure this with a lux meter. it does not double the overall light output that is messured in lumen!

When I used to measure Lux and Lumens on SST-90, SS-50, XR-E, ect.....
I found the dedome process would give at least a 30% increase in Lux. Regretefully; the OTF lumens dropped 20~30% and depending on the heatsinks sometimes more loss in OTF.

bigC

TEEJ

Flashaholic
When I used to measure Lux and Lumens on SST-90, SS-50, XR-E, ect.....
I found the dedome process would give at least a 30% increase in Lux. Regretefully; the OTF lumens dropped 20~30% and depending on the heatsinks sometimes more loss in OTF.

bigC

On my SR90's SST90, dedoming almost doubled the cd (~87% higher).

The lumens hardly dropped though, ~ 200 lumen, but, I had no baseline, and was going by Selfbuilt's et al lumen measurements as a consensus "before" OTF lumen output.

Tiresius

Enlightened

Of course the light sags significantly on lumens output. The image of the die is no longer amplified and controlled by the missing dome originally placed there by the manufacturer. De-doming is fun but if the phosphor is missing, it ruins everything behind and aspheric :(