Olight - R50        
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

Flashaholic

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I use the ones from ZTS.

Thanks for the reply!
    I google the ZTS battery tester and I found 2. Which one were you referring to the Mini or the MBT-1?

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    I google the ZTS battery tester and I found 2. Which one were you referring to the Mini or the MBT-1?

I took a look at the mine here: http://lygte-info.dk/review/BatteryT...-MBT%20UK.html
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: lygte-info.
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Thanks for the reply!
    They make 4 different models, each covering different (partially overlapping) battery types.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post

Thanks for the reply! Did you happen to examine the ZTS MBT-1 yet? Does these meters measure the battery under load? Which meter will be perfect for the flashlight hobby? Do you know if all ZTS meter have the same accuracy? Sorry for all the questions!
    Last edited by carnage; 06-14-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks for the reply! Did you happen to examine the ZTS MBT-1 yet? Does these meters measure the battery under load? Which meter will be perfect for the flashlight hobby? Do you know if all ZTS meter have the same accuracy? Sorry for all the questions!
    I have only looked at the mini. They put a load on the battery, but I do not now if they only uses the voltage under load or a combination of loaded and unloaded voltage to get the remaining capacity.
    You select meter depending on what type of batteries you use, LiIon can be measured with a ordinary digital voltmeter (Loading is not necessary).
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: lygte-info.

Silver Moderator

Hello Henrik,

The ZTS testers measure voltage under load. They then compare the results with their data bank of tests for each type of cell and using this look up information give you an idea of the remaining capacity.

They typically use name brand cells to populate their data sets so off brand cells may give different results if they are unable to maintain voltage under load.

Tom
    Behind every Great man there's always a woman rolling her eyes...

Most batteries don't die - they are tortured to near death, then murdered...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Hello Henrik,

The ZTS testers measure voltage under load. They then compare the results with their data bank of tests for each type of cell and using this look up information give you an idea of the remaining capacity.

They typically use name brand cells to populate their data sets so off brand cells may give different results if they are unable to maintain voltage under load.

Tom
    If you have or have access to the ZTS MBT-1 have you check the accuracy of it?

Silver Moderator

Hello Carnage,

I have a custom ZTS tester. It was modified to include testing for CR123 primary cells at a higher current rate. The other functions are stock and I forget what I gave up to include the CR123 testing.

If you are testing a cell that is similar in performance to what they have in their database, it is reasonably accurate. If you have an off brand cell that has a little different performance curve, the results will be off. However, they will be consistently off so you can make a note of differences and work with those differences.

It is not precise in its reporting but gives a reasonably accurate big picture of what is going on with your cells capacity.

Tom
    Behind every Great man there's always a woman rolling her eyes...

Most batteries don't die - they are tortured to near death, then murdered...

If you have or have access to the ZTS MBT-1 have you check the accuracy of it?
    As I posted above, I have only checked the mini, bit I would expect the precision to be about the same.

Flashaholic

Thanks for the replies guys, Its much appreciated!

Commenting about the problem I saw with the batteries that came with the BQ-CC17 charger. I was reading the official manuals hosted by Panasonic. http://main.panasonic-eneloop.eu/sit.../1_BQ-CC17.pdf and http://main.panasonic-eneloop.eu/sit.../4_BQ-CC55.pdf The BQ-CC17 manual says to insert AA batteries with the positive terminal first, then insert the negative terminal, but to insert AAA batteries with the negative terminal first then the positive. The BQ-CC55 is a charger with a similar shape, it has a similar drawing in the manual but it says to insert the AA batteries in reverse order (first the negative terminal then the positive terminal) and AAA batteries in that same order. It even justify this with "If an AAA battery is inserted from the positive (+) end first, the negative (-) terminal on the charger may be damaged."

In my opinion the BQ-CC17 manual is wrong instructing people to insert AA batteries in that order, who is assembling the product can damage the batteries by simply following the official manual.

Thats an interesting observation evn.
    Eneloop info thread 2005-2017 @CPF

Flashaholic

I insert mine + terminal first. I have a similar format MQN03RNU (just with 2x AAA slots). There's a lip on the + side of the charger and it damages the battery wrapping if I insert - first.

An observation BTW, the button tops on my Harmolattice ard shorter than my other Eneloops. So in some lights and gadgets, they don't reach the terminals enough to make contact.

Flashaholic

I didn't read the whole thread. Does anyone knows if the Duracell Nimh battery are rewrap Eneloop?

ChibiM, I was shopping Amazon and noticed AAA Eneloop Pros rated 950mAh. I referred to your website (nice site - thanks for setting that up) and saw that 5th generation are actually rated less (930mAh) than 4th generation. Any insight as to why?
    An unused battery is an unhappy battery as it will never realize its full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    ChibiM, I was shopping Amazon and noticed AAA Eneloop Pros rated 950mAh. I referred to your website (nice site - thanks for setting that up) and saw that 5th generation are actually rated less (930mAh) than 4th generation. Any insight as to why?
    Hi,
    Thanks.
    I understand the confusion. But please check the page one more time: http://eneloop101.com/batteries/complete-lineup/
    And look at the 2 kinds of numbers, Typical and Minimum Capacity. The 5th gen have no Typ mentioned on the package, just Min capacity. At least not in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks.
    I understand the confusion. But please check the page one more time: http://eneloop101.com/batteries/complete-lineup/
    And look at the 2 kinds of numbers, Typical and Minimum Capacity. The 5th gen have no Typ mentioned on the package, just Min capacity. At least not in Japan.
    Very interesting. Thank you for that very subtle observation.
    An unused battery is an unhappy battery as it will never realize its full potential.

Flashaholic

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

Jupt got a pair of single AA to D cell adapters.
    The local battery supplier was selling it for $5.
    Also got a few AA/AAA battery carriers.

Last edited by BloodLust; 07-29-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Unenlightened

I recently noticed that some of my batteries were not lasting very well at all so started an effort to better characterize them and understand how they have aged using a C9000, the cells are a mix of generations and date from 2009, 2010 and 2012 - they were all bought in small batches (around 40 at a time) from a large distributor so I don't believe they are counterfeit. Because of how long they have been in use almost all of the cells will have been cycled at least one (or more likely several) thousand times as they have been rotated through various lights / camera flashes / hand warmers, and charged on a MAHA C800S. As I don't have many batteries in use (around 100 total) they don't normally get to sit around for long and are often in constant use.

What surprised me is the older cells don't seem to be failing at a higher rate and don't appear to show any higher 'wear', rather there is surprisingly little variation and most cells are either close enough to their nominal rated capacity(1900mah) to not cause problems or down at 1500-1600mah (which would cause problems).

However it raises a question: What do you do with batteries which are still mostly functional (they don't seem to self discharge at a higher rate), but have a lowered capacity due to years of service? or am I being too sentimental and should just throw them out?

That by itself is a great testimony

Why throw them out if they still work fine? You could possibly group them so the lower capacity could be used with devices that don`t need the max draw. Give them to some family/friends with kids that can use them in their toys.

~ bitterness about poor quality remains long after sweetness of low price is forgotten ~

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post

I like that name in there Kreisl

Can anyone recommend a supplier for guaranteed made-in-Japan Eneloop Lites? I know from ChibiM's great info that they distribute the made-in-China ones in Japan, so I'm thinking ordering them from a non-Japan seller may be best. Perhaps Amazon.co.uk?

So, after 19 pages, has it been determined that there's 1) good Eneloops and how to identify them , 2) bad Eneloops and how to identify them, and 3) trusted sellers of good Eneloops?

I believe that information would make an excellent reference sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by percentage View Post
    Can anyone recommend a supplier for guaranteed made-in-Japan Eneloop Lites? I know from ChibiM's great info that they distribute the made-in-China ones in Japan, so I'm thinking ordering them from a non-Japan seller may be best. Perhaps Amazon.co.uk?
    Hi, Thanks for asking. I think you misunderstood my info The only Made in China eneloops that are sold in Japan are the LITE version. Other types are all made in Japan. If you go to my website I have a page with "Where to buy eneloops". I also linked to the Japanese Amazon where you can get PANASONIC eneloop batteries. (big lettertype PANASONIC small font eneloop) and Amazon UK.
    If you wait a few days/weeks you could get the special edition, eneloops tones expedition. For now I only saw them on Amazon.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    So, after 19 pages, has it been determined that there's 1) good Eneloops and how to identify them , 2) bad Eneloops and how to identify them, and 3) trusted sellers of good Eneloops?

I believe that information would make an excellent reference sticky.
    As long as you buy Made in Japan eneloops you are good to go. I really think my overview page is clear enough to distinguish the different eneloops, seen in the first post, and on my website. Trusted seller in the US is Amazon for example.

Hi, Thanks for asking. I think you misunderstood my info The only Made in China eneloops that are sold in Japan are the LITE version. Other types are all made in Japan.
    I did understand, and I said the same thing :

"Can anyone recommend a supplier for guaranteed made-in-Japan Eneloop Lites? I know from ChibiM's great info that they distribute the made-in-China ones [Lites] in Japan"

If you go to my website I have a page with "Where to buy eneloops". I also linked to the Japanese Amazon where you can get PANASONIC eneloop batteries. (big lettertype PANASONIC small font eneloop) and Amazon UK.
    My concern was that if I ordered Lites from Japan, I would get the Chinese ones, therefore Amazon Japan would not work. Maybe Amazon UK would work, but their Lite offerings are limited (2 x AA, 3 or 4 x AAA).

I found an eBay seller in the Netherlands who lists the Japanese Lite part numbers (BK-3LCCE/2BE, BK-4LCCE/4BE), so I may try ordering from them.

Oops..yes, overlooked that

Well, eneloop lite are only available in 2,3 and 4 packs. And yes, if you go for the PANASONIC (big font) which are the ones sold in Japan, are made in China..
    I just checked that the ones that are sold in Japan, AA and AAA lite are only sold in 2-packs! (not 3, 4, 8, 12)
    In the EU eneloop AA lite are only sold in 2-packs.
    In the EU eneloop AAA lite are sold in 2, 3 and 4 packs
    In the US and Canada no eneloop lites are officially distributed. Please let me know if that is correct!?

As long as you buy Made in Japan eneloops you are good to go. I really think my overview page is clear enough to distinguish the different eneloops, seen in the first post, and on my website. Trusted seller in the US is Amazon for example.
    Thank you very much and very nice work...I hadn't realized you were continually updating it.

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    Thank you very much and very nice work...I hadn't realized you were continually updating it.
    My pleasure to help out!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast