Klarus        
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2016

Thomas Distributing is WONDERFUL !

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/?g...7w-BoC9hzw_wcB

What is the BEST charging rate for AAA Ni-MH 750mAh Enloops?

I have seen .5C[1A] and 500mAh?

,Thanks,,,,,,Capolini
    A resentment is a cancer that eats us away from the inside and is portrayed by our attitude from the outside. Capolini-6.4.2003
    Physical beauty temporarily satisfies the eye. Inner beauty is eternal and nurtures the soul. Capolini-7.23.2017

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

I'd go 500 mAh if those were your 2 options.

Only 1200 cycles what are these FAILED Eneloops??

Panasonic Infinium AA Rechargeable Batteries - 2100 mAh - Pre-Charged

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-I...PKHBWSGYK169Q5

John.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

Although it would probably best to open a new thread for that, by how they look, they look like the Panasonic Evolta that are being sold in Japan. I havent checked their max life cycles. But i imagine them being the same cells.. Probably made in china?
    Eneloop info thread 2005-2017 @CPF

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
    Hi all,

I love this thread... although the reason I'm posting today is for your insight on an issue I have with eneloops.

I have a lot of standard eneloop batteries, all purchased within the last 1-2 years.

My biggest gripe with these is that it seems a lot of modern electronics are calibrated for alkaline voltage drop over time, and not NiMH... so some of my devices (electronic labeler for instance), shows low battery almost all the time. I usually just ignore it. However, some devices will stop functioning at a specific voltage, and when you test or put the batteries back in a charger, they appear to be 25-50% charged.

Is there such a thing as NiMH batteries with higher nominal or fully charged voltage? How does everyone else handle this problem?
    Fenix has so USB rechargeable ones. 1.5v but in lithium-ion. Not ni-mh.
    https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-ar...14500-battery/

Flashaholic* MidnightDistortions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
    Hi all,

I love this thread... although the reason I'm posting today is for your insight on an issue I have with eneloops.

I have a lot of standard eneloop batteries, all purchased within the last 1-2 years.

My biggest gripe with these is that it seems a lot of modern electronics are calibrated for alkaline voltage drop over time, and not NiMH... so some of my devices (electronic labeler for instance), shows low battery almost all the time. I usually just ignore it. However, some devices will stop functioning at a specific voltage, and when you test or put the batteries back in a charger, they appear to be 25-50% charged.

Is there such a thing as NiMH batteries with higher nominal or fully charged voltage? How does everyone else handle this problem?
    Surprisingly i don't run into this problem often but i usually prefer to recharge the Eneloops when they are at 50% anyway to extend their life and recharge them in the C9000 since the charger will only charge to 90% and then top off the last 10% so they are never really overcharged.
    LED Lights: ThruNite TN4A, Coast HP7, LEDLenser T7, Fenix E25, Fenix LD41, Maglite 2D, Maglite XL50, Maglite 3D (3rd Gen), AA MiniMaglite Pro+
    Chargers: Maha C9000, La Crosse BC1000, Panasonic BQ-CC17, Eneloop user.

Just ordered some from Amazon UK.

They have the Chinese part number which is now identical to the Japan part number. The listing picture says 70% for 10 years so i'm expecting Japanese cells, maybe the website needs updating?

Direct from Panasonic by the way. The only way I guess you can really tell is by getting the cells and seeing what the label says.

The E on the end of the part number nearly put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by benjimon View Post
    Just ordered some from Amazon UK.

They have the Chinese part number which is now identical to the Japan part number. The listing picture says 70% for 10 years so i'm expecting Japanese cells, maybe the website needs updating?

Direct from Panasonic by the way. The only way I guess you can really tell is by getting the cells and seeing what the label says.

The E on the end of the part number nearly put me off.
    Can you be a little more specific?
    BK-3MCC is the Japanese code, the added E can mean Europe but also Chinese cells. The list is well up to date, I should probably just be a bit clearer with the codes if you can tell me what is not clear for you. Thanks.btw if you look on my website you should have the latest updates in case some things are a bit off in this thread.

Sorry.

I assumed the part number at the end of the Japanese cells was "A/E" not A or E.

Therefore I originally thought the chart was showing that only Chinese Cells end with "E". Where as the once I buy have an E but are also Japanese.

To make clearer in the updated 2015 AA and AAA eneloops the part number can also end with E. My cells are made in japan and end with E but they also state 10 year life.
    Last edited by benjimon; 05-05-2017 at 02:38 PM.

I understand. I am always thinking how to write things down. A/E could look like a code but really is A or E. If there is a better way to write is please let me know as I will be open to suggestions. But keep in mind that i like to keep it as short as possible and not have multiple lines for essentially the same battery. Let me know when there is anything else unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    I understand. I am always thinking how to write things down. A/E could look like a code but really is A or E. If there is a better way to write is please let me know as I will be open to suggestions. But keep in mind that i like to keep it as short as possible and not have multiple lines for essentially the same battery. Let me know when there is anything else unclear.
    No problem, very nice website.

4th Generation Updated 2015 (Panasonic)

• BK-4MCC 2100 cycles Min. 750 mAh (AAA-size)
    • BK-3MCC 2100 cycels Min. 1900 mAh (AA-size)

• AA and AAA: Claimed 70% capacity left after 10 years (*3/*6)
    • Launch date AA and AAA: 2015) (*2/*7)
    • Sometimes referred to as 5th generation BUT are not.. These only use a new type of testing standard.

The part numbers for this bit can also end in A/E

Thanks a lot for the! Good point. I just edited it.
    If you find anything else, feel free to let me know. I must have missed more than just that
    BTW my eneloop chargers page is about finished, and Im starting on the eneloopy page...which will take a few more days to finish.

Thanks a lot for the! Good point. I just edited it.
    If you find anything else, feel free to let me know. I must have missed more than just that
    BTW my eneloop chargers page is about finished, and Im starting on the eneloopy page...which will take a few more days to finish.
    No problem, not sure how you could, maybe an article.

But explain a bit more clear how to differentiate between BK-4MCC A/E. They can be japanese, japanese updated or chinese.

I couldn't find that good of a resource when finding them, luckily they were japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by benjimon View Post
    No problem, not sure how you could, maybe an article.

But explain a bit more clear how to differentiate between BK-4MCC A/E. They can be japanese, japanese updated or chinese.

I couldn't find that good of a resource when finding them, luckily they were japanese.
    BK-3MCCA and BK-4MCCA are always made in Japan.
    the E can be made in made in Japan or China.

The way you can differentiate them, is to look at the claims of the remaining capacity after x years.
    The newest (since 2015) Japaense cells have 70% after 10 years. The Chinese 70% after 5 years. Another indicator would be the country you live in. If you are in the Oceania region (new zealand, australia, south east asia) you are likely to get Chinese cells. And when you live in China you can get Japanese cells.. funny right?

I am thinking about adding a Japanese vs Chinese eneloops page as well.. might be useful.. just a littl worried Im getting a bit too many pages on my website

Last edited by ChibiM; 05-27-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Panasonic announced a new charger for Europe.
    The BQ-CC65

Including LCD screen and Refresh function.
    They didnt specify when they are going to be available.

Their retail chargers and packs are so expensive everybody always just looks and goes away. Maybe if this new more advanced one costed same or less as the old black chargers, but as I know Panasonic, it will be even more expensive…

You could be right. I think the bq cc55 is about $15 dont think that is very expensive. The nee cc65 is likely to be quite a bit more. Im looking forward to getting more info on that soon.

Unenlightened

I bought a few dozen Eneloop 4thG in 2015 and I pull them out from mini-lanterns and flashlights and charge them once a year. Typically, the charger shows them at 1/2 charge or less, which seems surprising for this battery. Is there a simple device I might use to check them right after charging and then when if pull them to recharge, to get real data on discharge state?

Bret/N4SRN

Quote Originally Posted by N4SRN View Post
    .... Is there a simple device I might use to check them right after charging and then when if pull them to recharge, to get real data on discharge state?

Bret/N4SRN
    Battery load tester
    ... is the archimedes peak

Eneloop Europe is going to have some nice new limited editions in August 2017
    Check out all the 21 special eneloops on my website

I am posting in this topic to describe a problem with a Panasonic product. Some months ago I bought several units of the product that have the code K-KJ17KHCA4A (it's 4 Eneloop Pro batteries with a BQ-CC17 charger) these products was received from B&H. I started to receive some complaints about damaged and possible counterfeit products. People was describing that the plastic borders of the batteries was damaged. Initially I tough that would be possible it was happening when taking the batteries out of the charger, because the batteries are pushed inside the charger with a paper blocking the upper contacts and it generates a lot of pressure. So the borders would be getting damaged rubbing the lower side of the batteries in the lower contacts of the charger. But even asking to people take care, they was still complaining. I started to look at the products I had still sealed, and in one of them I could see that one of the batteries was damaged inside the sealed package. This product I recorded in video being opened and it had 3 of the 4 batteries already with the borders damaged. As I never heard of anything like that, I was searching for similar complaints, I found some in B&H, some made 2 years ago and then found a lot of complaints in Amazon.

I don't have sure how many products are received this way, as the problem is very hard to detect looking from outside of the package, the package is sealed and sometimes I think people notice but don't complain thinking it was their fault. In 18 units, I received 3 complaints and found 2 damaged myself after opening it. This represents more than 25% of products with some degree of damage. I suppose this problem happens in the assembly when the batteries are pushed into the charger with the paper in the upper contact, inserting first the top contact and then pushing the bottom contact can do that because the paper let the space tighter (I think if the assembly was made inserting first the lower contact then the top, this would not happen), then the damage stays hidden behind the batteries and the product is packaged and sold. (again, I suppose)

I don't have a big quantity of products to use as a reference and I started selling this kind of product just by a few months. But I can find a lot of similar complaints that are even 2 years old. To make sure the batteries are not counterfeit I tested it in a MH-C9000 analyzer, the capacity I found is coherent 2450~2500mAh using break-in mode. I kept some batteries charged to test weeks later and see if it holds 85% of the charge as stated. (I am still waiting to test it)

I tried to contact Panasonic to describe the problem and received a lot of evasive answers, they never denied nor confirmed they know about it, but they didn't affirmed the batteries could be counterfeit either, they asked pictures and the codes of the batteries and just offered to replace it. I was waiting this happen until today to see what Panasonic would send me. Unfortunately the package content was stolen when sent through UPS, the package was delivered with signs of tampering and empty.

However, the invoice shows that Panasonic sent a different product than the one they said would be sent, instead of the promised K-KJ17KHCA4A units, the invoice shows one BK-3HCCA8BA, these are batteries without the charger. I would not be able to see if the problem persists with products sent directly from Panasonic anyway. So I will not wait again their answer before post this.

I gave enough time to Panasonic to say something about it, the batteries seems to be genuine, but the worst part is that I don't know how many products comes with this problem or if any other model have the same problem. Even products sold in Japan seems to actually have the charger made in China, the assembly I don't know where it is made. I noticed that the chargers had some scratches too that could not happen inside the package. In this case I think the charger is the same in USA or Japan. The problem seems big and seems old.

If anybody bought batteries with chargers from Panasonic and want to comment about it.

Follows pictures of the problem. Notice that the problem cannot be easily seen before taking the batteries out of the charger (that I did with infinite care).

Thats pretty problematic. I hope BH and Panasonic can look at this and improve their packaging. BH must have had more complaints. So far I have not heard of it happening with sets being sold in Japan.
    I hope all the best for you.

Has anyone bought Red eneloops that are currently sold in the US?

Has anyone bought Red eneloops that are currently sold in the US?
    From which store?
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Think Walmart or Costco...or both

Thats pretty problematic. I hope BH and Panasonic can look at this and improve their packaging. BH must have had more complaints. So far I have not heard of it happening with sets being sold in Japan.
    I hope all the best for you.

I don't think BH is the source of the problem, I informed that these products was purchased from them anyway to contextualize the problem. BH is aware of the problem, actually they cannot say they "didn't knew about it" if anybody else complaint. BH sell sealed packages and this mostly cannot be seen without opening the package. Amazon have complaints too. Panasonic stopped answering my e-mails, with that kind of attitude I don't have sure they have interest to do anything about it any soon, unfortunately.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Battery load tester
    Which battery load tester is good?

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    Which battery load tester is good?
    I use the ones from ZTS.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920 LastLast