ArmyTek        
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920

Thread: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

Flashaholic

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

What are the Eneloop Lite design for? Are they good in low drain devices?

I seen them advertised on Amazon by a second party. I think there probably from China they said made in Japan.
    Last edited by carnage; 08-07-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Help out is an understatement! Between the thread starter and your web page it like getting a PhD in Eneloop...simply amazing, I cannot thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    What are the Eneloop Lite design for? Are they good in low drain devices?
    I seen them advertised on Amazon by a second party. I think there probably from China they said made in Japan.
    It`s hard to say. If they are older stock from Japan (2013-2016) they are made in Japan. If newer stock than made in China. You should probably check with the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    Help out is an understatement! Between the thread starter and your web page it like getting a PhD in Eneloop...simply amazing, I cannot thank you enough.
    LOL Thank you for appreciating my help
    Eneloop info thread 2005-2017 @CPF

Awesome thread, thanks for all the information. Love my eneloops, mostly in household items.

@ChibiM , I couldn't find on your website the information how Panasonic does the testing of Eneloops to achieve the 1800-2100x cycle rating.

Question (FAQ ;-) :
    How does Panasonic cycle the Eneloops in tests to achieve the advertised 1800-2100 cycle number rating? Do you know the testing conditions and parameters? And what is the technical criterion to call the end of the test?

The retail packages cite §7.5.1.3 afaik of IEC , but only few people know what's it saying. Maybe you could write out the full testing conditions\parameters or summarize them in a nutshell🐁. Or do you think that it is not interesting to know how Panasonic tests their own batteries?

For example do they use 1000mA charge rate and -500mA discharge rate for the cycling and 0.90V as cut-off? (These are the default values MH-C9000 and CPF users use)

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    @ChibiM , I couldn't find on your website the information how Panasonic does the testing of Eneloops to achieve the 1800-2100x cycle rating.

Question (FAQ ;-) :
    How does Panasonic cycle the Eneloops in tests to achieve the advertised 1800-2100 cycle number rating? Do you know the testing conditions and parameters? And what is the technical criterion to call the end of the test?

The retail packages cite §7.5.1.3 afaik of IEC , but only few people know what's it saying. Maybe you could write out the full testing conditions\parameters or summarize them in a nutshell. Or do you think that it is not interesting to know how Panasonic tests their own batteries?

For example do they use 1000mA charge rate and -500mA discharge rate for the cycling and 0.90V as cut-off? (These are the default values MH-C9000 and CPF users use)
    Hey Kreisl,
    Interesting question. Well, I do know (partly) how they test them (Thanks to member Viking here on CPF), so I could probably summarize that on my site somewhere. I might have to put that in the FAQ or in the Charge section. The thing is though that even with the IEC and JIS documents I watched I still have unanswered questions myself So if people ask me questions about the details I might not be able to answer them satisfactory.

At least I can say for now that the test will be stopped when the remaining capacity it 60% of the original capacity (at least that is what I already have written somewhere on my site). And no, the testing parameters are not 1000mA charge and 500mA discharge parameters for the cycling rating. When I have time to dive into that again, I hope I will be able to make a summary that is somewhat understandable .
    Maybe that Mark over at Ultrasmartcharger.com already wrote about the these parameters.... somewhere

Thanks for your consideration.
    I don't have JIS , just IEC . And it's effing complicated, can't wrap my nuts around it. But maybe you can manage!!

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post

Question (FAQ ;-) :

The retail packages cite §7.5.1.3 afaik of IEC , but only few people know what's it saying. Maybe you could write out the full testing conditions\parameters or summarize them in a nutshell. Or do you think that it is not interesting to know how Panasonic tests their own batteries?

Check out Eneloops: 5000 cycles and still going... thread for some answers.
    Poking around Mark's UltraSmartCharger forum should provide some additional information.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    Eneloop Europe is going to have some nice new limited editions in August 2017
    Check out all the 21 special eneloops on my website

They are now available for order at Amazon UK, Germany, Italy and Spain!

But not USA ? ? ?

_

Nope. I think the reason for that is because the eneloop 2100 expedition is concentrated on Europe. So I assume they will (at least for now) only be available in Europe.

Hello. Is there any advantage to purchasing the 5th generation eneloop pro BK-3HCD over the 4th generation? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Macan View Post
    Hello. Is there any advantage to purchasing the 5th generation eneloop pro BK-3HCD over the 4th generation? Thank you.
    You`ll get the newer ones!
    If you can get them both at the same store for the same price, go with the newest. If you can save a few dollars you could go for the older ones. Not a big deal... enjoy

Any updates to the two cell AA/AAA portable charger? I’ve got one from a couple years ago at this point. I need a couple new 5th AA/AAA’s Pro’s and figure to replace both at the same time.

I almost never use eneloops anymore. Cheap kids toys are not worthy, flashlights use 18650. But I just got a blood pressure monitor using 4xAA that supposedly eats up batteries. I pulled some eneloops out of my drawer that seem to be paired - manufactured 4/2011. After a couple cycles on the Opus 3100, they're all showing 1994mAh-2040mAh.
    GOOD TINT!

@bmstrong: I dont think there are any 2-bays that charge fast and smart. The BQ-CC23 is probably the latest 2-bay in their lineup, which is from 2013
    @markr6: eneloops all the way

Flashaholic*

Default Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

18650 has its place. But half the time is a specialized purpose battery.
    Zebralight and Eneloop AA where made for each other. For general use there is no better combo as far as practically, cost, reliability and EDC.
    Last edited by marinemaster; 09-26-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Gotta agree with that, Zebralight and eneloops are a useful combo, I use every day. "General use" and EDC is a wide swath, though, and there are lots of use cases that demand greater efficiency than NiMH systems can deliver. Luckily, Zebralight has other choices to feed my habit!

Good points. Yes, more and more applications use lithium (ion) batteries. But the eneloops still have their place!

On another note, yesterday I changed the layout of the website, and had a little struggle with getting everything in place again. Probably there are still some problems with a layout, so if you see anything, let me please know!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    They are now available for order at Amazon UK, Germany, Italy and Spain!
    You are now parttime located in NL?

Those colors are nice. The Ocean ones before overlapped with previous colored sets and the normal ones, these don't.

But I need sets of five, so I would end up with four left over :/

(Yes, Nikon SB-800 flash eats sets of 5)

Quote Originally Posted by jcvjcvjcvjcv View Post
    You are now parttime located in NL?

Those colors are nice. The Ocean ones before overlapped with previous colored sets and the normal ones, these don't.

But I need sets of five, so I would end up with four left over :/

(Yes, Nikon SB-800 flash eats sets of 5)
    Hi, no, full-time. I am back in the Netherlands, where I`m originally from
    I like these ones as well! I ordered an AA and AAA set.
    They are also available in the Netherlands at batterij huis and nkon.nl.
    Oh.. intersting, didnt know the SB800 needed 5 batteries. hmmm Im pretty sure you could use the spare 4 for something else useful! Like a flashlight or something. hihi

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920