Malkoff        
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021

Thread: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2018

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

In for a win of an Eneloop 4AA set? or 4AAA set?

I'm currently doing an Eneloop giveaway here on Candlepowerforums: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...xAAA&p=5186875

Flashaholic

Just got 16 White Eneloop AA's from Costco in Canada at a good price. They seem to be the latest versions e.g. can be charged up to 2100 times and retain 70% of their charge after 10 years....BUT I'm reading the small print on the back of the package and it states that these cells are NOT to be used in a water proof flashlight or in any device with an airtight battery compartment??? These applications are my primary reason for buying/using Eneloops. Does this mean I have to stop using them for these purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by HighLight View Post
    Just got 16 White Eneloop AA's from Costco in Canada at a good price. They seem to be the latest versions e.g. can be charged up to 2100 times and retain 70% of their charge after 10 years....BUT I'm reading the small print on the back of the package and it states that these cells are NOT to be used in a water proof flashlight or in any device with an airtight battery compartment??? These applications are my primary reason for buying/using Eneloops. Does this mean I have to stop using them for these purposes?
    Good questio. This could help you: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...erproof-lights

The interesting thing is that Panasonic collaborated with Under The Pole, a research team who does research under water in the Pole region. Not sure if they used eneloop batteries in their lights though.

http://main.panasonic-eneloop.eu/nl/...le-back-land-0

Part 2 of the fake eneloop pro AAA. The sellers on eBay that sell fake eneloops are: 2009china*electronic and 2017china*electronic.
    Last edited by ChibiM; 04-07-2018 at 07:37 AM.

I've got another video up comparing fake Eneloop PRO AA I bought from the sellers mentioned above.
    First I checked the differences on the packages, then I did a discharge test (keep in mind that eneloops are not charged 100% before being shipped) and the fakes ones? No idea.

Then I also did a charge and a discharge test. The discharge test revealed the difference enough... Almost 2500mAh for the eneloop Pro, and 2100 for the fakes.

BTW my next video is going to be a discharge test of 2 pieces of 10 year old eneloops. 1st generation, manufactured in April 2008. (unused, still inside their original Japanese package)
    Looking much forward to that.

Thanks ChibiM nice work.

And finally the discharge test video is up.

Arghhhhh I hate (and at the same time like it a little) to edit video. I recorded the discharge for a few hours, which ended up in huge files.. and had trouble editing them on my pc. first my copy of the Cyberlink Powereditor couldnt speed up the video. Then I installed a few free ones including Shotcut and that bogged down my pc a lot. It even got to the point that it didnt show parts of the video, moved my added text and transitions went bad.. no idea how that all happened but the video is done.... not perfect, but it will show the results, and that is what counts.

And during the discharge I opened up the SkyRC App and clicked on the wrong button which stopped the first discharge... I added the other cell, and they were both pretty close.

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2018

Great info/update. Just confirms what we know for years.

Yep. But it is always good to have more 'proof'

Nice!
    An unused battery is an unhappy battery as it will never realize its full potential.

New eneloop batteries June 2018. Not available yet looks like...
    https://eneloop101.com/batteries/ene...mited-edition/

I just updated the different PDFs on the website with the overviews..
    all regulareneloop batteries 2005-2018 and alleneloop limited editions 2009-2018

Thanks, your site is excellent.

Thanks kilogulf59!

If you find some mistakes on the website, let me know.. Or if something is missing

The giveaway on the eneloop101 facebook page is live.

Https://facebook.com/eneloop101/

Eneloop is a Brand, now belong to Panasonic but the only factory in Japan that manufactures LSD batteries has been sold to Fujitsu.

Japanese always keep the best for themselves, always, it's a Japanese "Thing" so you can be sure the Takasaki battery plant will manufacture the best Eneloop available on the market for Panasonic......but
    As technology advances, you can also be sure that Fujitsu who now owns the Takasaki plant will keep something better aside, away from their competitors (Panasonic).

Arguably the best Low Self Discharge batteries are no long Eneloop batteries.

Fujitsu Pro Black batteries are as good if not better than any Eneloop, or very soon will overtake Eneloop in everyway.

It's a Japanese Thing to be better, to have the best, to be the best at all costs.
    Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
    Thank you all in CPF for reading.

Hey J888www,

That is highly possible. But why the assumptions? It's already more than 5 years ago, and still they are at the top. Sure that is possible.

I deleted the rest of my post after I read your sig line...
    Last edited by ChibiM; 09-10-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J888www View Post
    Arguably the best Low Self Discharge batteries are no long Eneloop batteries.

Fujitsu Pro Black batteries are as good if not better than any Eneloop, or very soon will overtake Eneloop in everyway.
    "The best" is a relative term.

Quote Originally Posted by J888www View Post
    It's a Japanese Thing to be better, to have the best, to be the best at all costs.
    True.

Based on tests by AACycler I think that the Fujitsu AA (HR-3UTC) might indeed perform better than latest Eneloop AA (BK-3MCCE). The cycle performance is better and lower internal resistance for Fujitsu.

However! This is all based on only a few tested batteries and AACycler might also have switched to different chargers so I'm not sure the test methods were consistent. Still interesting difference.

Fujitsu: http://aacycler.com/battery/aa/fujitsu-white/
    Eneloop: http://aacycler.com/battery/aa/panasonic-eneloop/

So, in laymen's terms, and for practical purposes, either one is a good battery?

From a non-techno users perspective, I have some Amazon black with green top batteries that seem just as good as my Eneloop Pro's and whites.

Think you have a point kilogulf, I like your statement!

It's not about the 1-3% extra capacity/cycle life, because both great batteries!
    I have learned that an increase in ambient temperature is one of the biggest reasons a LSD (eneloop) battery loses its charge faster. And Sanyo/Panasonic people have tested that. There is a great difference between 20 degrees celcius and 40 degrees celcius. So a discharge test during winter may result in a much better cycle life than in summer with even the same batteries.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    I have learned that an increase in ambient temperature is one of the biggest reans a LSD (eneloop) battery loses its charge faster. And Sanyo/Panasonic people have tested that. [...]
    This is very well-known and not specific to LSD NiMh / eneloop. An increase in temperature causes an increase in the rate of internal side-reactions, which increases not only self-discharge but also various degradation processes, e.g. see the many occurrences of high temperature in the Batteries 2020 slides on ageing effects of Li-ion batteries.
    Last edited by Gauss163; 09-11-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    Hi, no, full-time. I am back in the Netherlands, where I`m originally from
    I like these ones as well! I ordered an AA and AAA set.
    They are also available in the Netherlands at batterij huis and nkon.nl.
    Oh.. intersting, didnt know the SB800 needed 5 batteries. hmmm Im pretty sure you could use the spare 4 for something else useful! Like a flashlight or something. hihi
    SB800 can take 4, but is supplied with a holder that repaces the battery cap with a holder for a 5th battery. With five it recharges a lot faster after each flash and lasts longer on a set.

In the past I've used left-over sets of 3 in a Maglite 3AA and smoke alarms. But the 3AA Maglites is out of use, the moke alarms are mostly gone too while I did stock up on SB800's. I guess I'll just order five sets of 8; then I have a two sets per color. For sets of four I already got the Tropical set x4.

For years I've been looking for battery cases that hold 5 AA's. Finally found cases for 10 AA's on aliexpress, but those are oversized a bit; the cells rattle.

So much easier than taping or marking cells.

Limited editions are the way to go!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021