Zip Tie in battery cover?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, on my Tri-V and my new 007, there's a piece of plastic of some sort (looks like a piece of a zip tie) in the battery cap. Anyone else have this too?

Frank1967

Enlightened
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, on my Tri-V and my new 007, there's a piece of plastic of some sort (looks like a piece of a zip tie) in the battery cap. Anyone else have this too?

Nope...yours must be defective! I'll buy them off you for a song. Seriously, my XM-L2 also has that in the battery cap.

Zandar

Enlightened
Come on London Lad, spill the beans. Allright, you've forced my hand. I'll let you all in on a one of the "SPY's" many secrets! That innocent looking "zip-tie", actually has embedded in it a nano-tech tracking device. I hear there's also a special addition to the new Stu Fu board, I wonder what it does?

CMAG

Enlightened
If you study how the lock works, more important the way it is assembled you will figure out what the "zip tie is for" ( hint what connects the rods)
Then you will understand the genus of the man and that beauty is more than skin deep.
zandar shhhh they can also hear you

Last edited:

CMAG

Enlightened
Okay here is my take on the "Zip Tie" Lux lost
It fills the space were extra metal was milled out of end cap this extra metal appears to me to be removed so the round sear pin can be installed in the notch in the round pin you push on. The "Zip Tie" keeps the sear pin from slipping out, if the latch pin is pushed in to much.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Since loosing that thing, I gather that you are back to 3.3amps now?
:)

No, the zip tie was what held mine back to only 3300mA. I'm hanging it all out at 3400mA now baby!

CMAG, I tried pushing the latch pin as far as I can push it with my old Palm stylus, and didn't see any potential problem. Another thing I did find is a secret hand written number under the spring coil making contact with the anode. I cannot divulge the secret code however.