Im thinking about buying a Tri-EDC

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking into these lights for some time. I like the way the Tri EDC looks and beam shots look good as well. I do have a few questions for anyone who can help. To me this is a big purchase and I want to make sure I choose the correct light.

I was looking for a Tri XPE model in titanium.

1. Can different output modes be programmed?
Example a moonlight,low,med,high or 2%. 50%, 100% brightness?
I use a sub lumen mode very frequently.

2. Can I get an extra body for it so I can have an 18650 battery option? And cost?

3. How do these lights handle the heat?

4, Does Mac offer an engraving or stamping to lights to personalize it? This light would never be sold. It would be used and passed down.

Thank you ahead of time!

stewdogg

Enlightened
I have been looking into these lights for some time. I like the way the Tri EDC looks and beam shots look good as well. I do have a few questions for anyone who can help. To me this is a big purchase and I want to make sure I choose the correct light.

I was looking for a Tri XPE model in titanium.

1. Can different output modes be programmed?
Example a moonlight,low,med,high or 2%. 50%, 100% brightness?
I use a sub lumen mode very frequently.

2. Can I get an extra body for it so I can have an 18650 battery option? And cost?

3. How do these lights handle the heat?

4, Does Mac offer an engraving or stamping to lights to personalize it? This light would never be sold. It would be used and passed down.

Thank you ahead of time!

1. Yes... Flucero28 (forum member here who does the reprogramming for a small fee)

2. Not that I know of... I tried to get a 14500 tube and no go. The 18350 is a nice little balance of size, power and run time.

3. The light handles the heat just fine. The titanium should be able to take whatever you throw at it. The led is what is affected by the heat and I haven't heard of any Ti lights having issues with led burnout. If it does happen then Mac will be able to help you out.

4. I think the extent of the personalization is cerakote, stonewashed, crenelated bezel, clip, etc... no engraving or stamping that I have heard of.

I have an Ti XML EDC and love it!
You also have to be patient when you order one of these as it may take a while to get to you... maybe more than 6 weeks... Good Luck!

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I know Mac is busy so if anyone else can help me with these questions I appreciate it.

Tri-EDC

Any different choices in optics?

Different lenses? Frosted/non frosted?

Titanium finishes? Bead blasted/ high polished?

What other options? Different style pocket clips?

Steven

archimedes

Flashaholic
Several options have already been listed ... titanium is available in stonewashed finish (my personal favorite) :)

These are also available without a clip (and not drilled/tapped). Glow powder is an option for the optics.

Also, I think that a trusted jeweler (or perhaps a trophy/awards shop) would be able to engrave your torch, if you like.

These do get rather hot on high.

Last edited: