2z720kk.jpg

Accepts 10440/14500/16340/18350/18500 (NOT 18650 !) :caution:
3.6V/3.7V lithium ion battery and 1.2V Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery

Selectable charge rates: 0.25A / 0.50A
Ni-MH: Pulse charging
Li-Ion: "three-stage" charging

2le48qs.jpg

Full Monty here:

http://www.xtarlight.com/05-chanpin/p-001-1.asp?styleid=276&style=Charger+Series

One more charger for HKJ's expert evaluation...;-)

Cheers,

__philippe

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
One more charger for HKJ's expert evaluation...;-)

I have been talking with Xtar and it looks like they will send some of their new chargers to me, but not the XP1.

I might still buy one and review, but it will be some time, I have just bought a pile of usb power boxes that I am working on.

Bumble

Enlightened
single bay and no 18650 support = no thanks . this is the charger "that could of been...."

HKJ

Flashaholic
single bay and no 18650 support = no thanks . this is the charger "that could of been...."

If you uses lights for a single 16340, 18350, 14500 or 10440 battery it looks like a very useful charger.
The VP1 can, of course, also be used, but I supposed this one here is much cheaper and smaller.

Bumble

Enlightened
If you uses lights for a single 16340, 18350, 14500 or 10440 battery it looks like a very useful charger.
The VP1 can, of course, also be used, but I supposed this one here is much cheaper and smaller.

very valid point HKJ, it will prove very handy for some people :) such as charging up your small EDC flashlight batteries ( eneloop or li-ion) but i just feel a single bay cheaper version of the VP1, would prove even more usefull to more people. thats just an opinion though and im probably wrong lol :)

HKJ

Flashaholic
but i just feel a single bay cheaper version of the VP1, would prove even more usefull to more people. thats just an opinion though and im probably wrong lol :)

The problem is "cheaper", the LCD display, microprocessor and mains supply parts of the charger will probably be about the same price for a single and dual bay version, i.e. it would not be much cheaper than the dual channel version.
In the above charger they are using a few leds, i.e. they can use a much simpler microprocessor and the supply part is also much cheaper when using usb power. Using usb power does also save a lot of work with safety approvals.

__philippe

Enlightened
I have been talking with Xtar and it looks like they will send some of their new chargers to me, but not the XP1...
HKJ, would you care to elaborate somewhat about those "new" XTAR chargers you are planning to review ?

Let's speculate about some likely prospects:

• Revised version of the current VP1 including charge termination latching LED indicators ?
  • Muliple bay version of same VP1 ?
  • actual voltage display allowed over the VP1 4.20 V present limit ?
  • fix for cosmetic blemish around VP1 display bezel ?
  • completely new models altogether ??
Inquiring minds want to know...:)

Cheers,

__philippe

HKJ

Flashaholic
HKJ, would you care to elaborate somewhat about those "new" XTAR chargers you are planning to review ?

Inquiring minds want to know...:)

I do not really plan anything, before I get a shipping notice from Xtar.

It looks like Xtar has made something like the i4 Charger (But probably much better) and a update for the WP2.
Like the XP1, they do also have current selection.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
this could probably be a good charger for one's car for their EDC light batteries

I hope they make a 6-bay VP1 style charger to replace/upgrade/update the WP6 II!!!!

__philippe

Enlightened
..It looks like Xtar has made something like the i4 Charger (But probably much better) and a update for the WP2.
Like the XP1, they do also have current selection.

Thanks.

For a sneak peek preview about XTAR forthcoming WP2s and XP4 chargers, see also:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Chargers-of-XTAR-XP4-and-WP2s&highlight=xtar

in a nutshell:

• WP2s - upgrade of current 2-bay WP2II now with max USB output 2.5A current / 3 selectable charge rates / cover
  • XP4 - new 4-bay Li-ion/Ni-MH multiple-chemistry model with max USB output 2.5A current / 3 selectable charge rates

Will the WP2s prove a potential substitute for the venerable (single charge rate) PILA IBC ?
And will the XP4 become a noteworthy competitor to similar but iffy "Intellichargers" models from Sysmax/Nitecore/Jetbeam ?

To be continued...:rolleyes:

__philippe

Last edited:

snakyjake

Enlightened
Really was hoping for LiFePO4 support.
No 18650.
Voltage display would be nice.

I'm giving it a :thumbsdow

TEEJ

Flashaholic
this could probably be a good charger for one's car for their EDC light batteries

I hope they make a 6-bay VP1 style charger to replace/upgrade/update the WP6 II!!!!

I second that motion.

:D

I don't NEED one charger to charge every known power source, as I have so many cells charging at one time, I need a lot of bays going anyway...so I can have them dedicated to the power sources.

I have a couple of VPT1's, and a 6 bay version would be awesome.

:D

__philippe

Enlightened

Right on both counts...:thumbsup:

XP1
VP1
Price range
$12.00->$15.00
$36.00->$54.00
Dimensions
69x40x23mm
132x58x34mm
Weight
34g
68g

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought one from Amazon for $10.99. Saw them on ebay for $11.00.

My intention is to charge 10440's, but I also look forward to have something portable that works off of USB.