Craftsman Electrical Multi-tester (battery *NOT* included)

ericjohn

Enlightened
Yesterday, I was shopping at my local Sears Hardware store and saw this really cool looking multi-tester. The model number is a 17387. The fact that it was a digital model and on sale for $15.99 was enough for me to buy it. Not only is it compact and digital, but it can wirelessly detect voltage in any AC circuit from 100 to 600 Volts.

NOW:

On the packaging, it says "Uses one A23 12V battery (Included)" I noticed that when I bought it and assumed that I was good to go. When I got home, I attempted to turn it on. Nothing happened. I looked through the rest of the packaging; no battery. I opened the battery door; no battery. Sounds to me like false advertising or a mistake. I was on the phone with technical support, when my parents needed help in the yard. By the time I was done with that, it was past 5 P.M. EST and I couldn't get a hold of anyone. I tried calling today but I guess Sears is observing Independence Day. I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully they could send me a battery for free or a gift card. Has anyone else bought this particular device and had the same issue?