The Fenix-Store        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Not Smoking...

Default Re: Not Smoking...

My wife just passed the two year mark. We are proud of her as we know it was hard to quit. She loves being a non-smoker!

Congrats to everyone who has kicked the habit!
    Changing the world one Flashoholic at a time...

Flashaholic*

Yesterday was three years without smokes!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Congrats!!! Excellent!!!

Close to completing my third year as well.
    - Chuck Norris??? Never heard of her. -

guys keep it up... you deserve a new flashlight!

Three years not smoking...

Cheers

RBR
    Last edited by RBR; 11-04-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: No booze tonight...

some of u all recall my mom died from lung cancer on Christmas years ago. I blame cigs for her death. I'm so glad you quit u made a great choice
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Some nice Scottish table wine for celebration tonight...

Pic linked from amazon.de

Cheers

RBR

Flashaholic*

Nice choice of table wine, I might pick the same bottle for my 3 years anniversary too - only a few months to go!

Excellent!

Just ist leave a note here and I'll raise a dram on you that night!

Cheers

RBR

Four years not smoking...

Cheers

RBR

Banned

I Quit smoking on December 31, 1997. Coming up on 20 years!

Only New year resolution I ever kept!

I quit Cold Turkey.

Five years not smoking...

10 years not smoking

3 hours, 22 minutes and "flick, flick"...
    Never mind...
    John 3:16

8 years without smoking regularly. “What can I say one every few months keeps me sane”
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Dude!!

If you can do one and stop.... Good on you bro!!

I know myself well enough to say that if I had one, within a month I'd be back to a pack a day. I've met me. I've seen me do it!
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

2 1/2 years not smoking. I have quit several times in my like, for up to 3 1/2 years once. I read allan Carrs book, and it was a great help, but the most important factor for me is that I decided that I never want to smoke again. Well, maybe if someone invents a 100% healthy cigarrete?

Like scout24, If I smoke a few, most probably it will be a pack a day very soon. So lets just keep away from them. It's very cool to be smoke free.

I stopped for 6 months at one point. It was a troublesome period in general, smoking or not. At 90 days I looked forward to celebrating a year. At around day 180 I had that "just one". I really enjoyed feeling better and breathing better and quickly began feeling the ill effects once resuming the cigarettes.

I did a lot of things wrong. Caffiene and weed were my substitutes, but later I found they cause cravings and being mood altering they required more and more constant doses. At one point I was like Elvis. I needed downers to halt the uppers, then uppers to stop the drowsy.

When I started vaping I cut out caffiene in my coffee. That really really helped the cravings. The weed is long gone so that isn't an issue.
    Now some I know who started vaping suddenly stopped smoking. To me that's an alcoholic changing from rum to vodka and being satisfied. I need rum, so switching to vodka makes me go back to rum.

I started vaping to not smoke as much, knowing there has to come a day where the nicotine has to be gone. Like Scout said "I have met me". And the substitute only adds craving the original. Not a craving where I smoke more and vape. But vape in between cigarettes means I will smoke eventually. For me, vaping satisfies habits. Hand to mouth, holding an object, throat hit and exhaling a smoke like product.

To me, the best way to stop smoking is perverbial cold turkey method. But the Allan Carr method of being around smokers would keep me smoking. I got away from booze and weed and stayed away by not being around it. I like cigarettes. I like the smell too. And I do not want to become one of those "get that thing away from me" types. So the Mrs and I are doing it together. We both have a few cigarettes a day but way less than before we started vaping. I told her going in I was going to stop smoking but did not want it to affect her ways. One day I was puffing on a vape and she wanted to try it. She has a different style than I and uses different types of devices than I do. Flavors too for that matter.

We both smoke a lot less, and vape with coffee now instead of smoke.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-10-2018 at 09:02 AM.

I stopped without any substitute. Flicked my last cig out of my car window one day and that was it for me.
    I experienced massive health challenges the following three days such as tunnel vision, beeping ears and stumbling around pretty dizzy and I knew well that only one cig would make me return that path the other way round immediately. I never experienced those classic craving or desires for something to smoke, I even still got my last half emptied pack of cigs in my daily use backpack.

My girlie is still smoking, never had a problem with that.

Only disadvantage I experienced was that I propably spent more time in bed after a massive cancer surgery than a smoker because I had no need for a smoke. Smokers are back on their feet way faster...

Anyway, one of my better decisions in life, no doubt, and there’s not only THAT one way to quit so I would like to encourage any smoker to find a way out of that addiction, individually and successfully...

Cheers

RBR
    Last edited by RBR; 11-10-2018 at 11:01 AM.

It’s been three an a half years since my last cig. Quitting was the best health decision I ever made.
    The urge rears it’s ugly head every now and then, but not as often as it used to. If you’re trying to quit, good luck to you and it can be done. Just keep trying.

Flashaholic*

Five years as of last month!

I still get occasional cravings.

It's been about seven years without caffeine.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

I quit smoking 35 years ago, going cold turkey... Sort of. Looking now at my friends of yore who kept smoking, I’m full of gratitude, because the health difference between them and the non-smokers I know is dramatic.

One thing I noticed with the vast majority of my friends and acquaintances who are serial “quitters” - or serial “restarters”, whatever applies - is that the moment their lips touch a cigarette, the hand of doom falls on them. Their shoulders hunch, their faces become gloomy, and they basically say “I failed, I can’t win that one” - and they’re back to their usual pack-a-day.

To anyone who is quitting, or will soon be, or knows he wants to: Don’t make that mistake. Not the mistake of touching again a cigarette after officially throwing away the last one; we are all humans and probabilities are very high that anyone quitting will, at a time or another, cave in and take a puff or a whole cigarette. No, the mistake is to think “I couldn’t make it, I’m a failure, I’m done with quitting, the cigarette wins and always will”.

The thing is, just look at it the other way around: you smoked for years, cigarette after cigarette, coughing your lungs off every morning, craving the thing every hour or every five minutes, and now you managed to stay smoke-free for an entire month, or six, or a week. Wow! That’s an achievement!

You took one more? No problem, you still won for weeks or months, and now you just get back to work and show that cigarette who is the boss... And this time you’ll beat your record, and stay free for a month more, or a year more than the last time. And if it happens again, no problem again... Till you kick it for good.
    Last edited by Philip A.; 11-18-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345