The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: MD26E Drop-ins - single XM-L2, triple 219, quad XP-G2, XM-L2 mule

Enlightened

Default MD26E/P60 Drop-ins - single XM-L2, triple 219B, quad XP-G2, XM-L2 Mule, Hepta XM-L2

Hi, folks!

I would like you to show you some of my new drop-ins. They are hand made and designed to perfectly fit Solarforce and Surefire hosts. Since they are 100% hand made, custom ones for other hosts or flashlight bodies are possible, too.

Here are some details:

• Hand selected LEDs - low Vf and perfectly matched at triples, quads and hepta modules.
    • Copper bonded LEDs in all drop-in models
    • LED-MCPCBs are glued using a Diamond thermal adhesive
    • High mineralic thermal potted electronic (even with diamond on request)
    • Best PTFE sleeved silver plated oxygen free copper wires (22 AWG) - Soldered with best Mundorf Silber/Gold solder (contains silver and gold)
    • Made of one piece of aluminum, some with copper cores
    • Custom circuits with different mode groups and extra functions like additional color modes, a stand-by mode, voltage monitoring, etc.
    • Real off-time mode memory or reset
    • Overheat-, voltage- and reverse polarity- protection
    • Beryllium-Copper springs

Following some pictures of various models (newer ones at the bottom).

The Mule with the four tritium rods in the dark.

Regards,

Vinz
    Last edited by Vinz; 08-27-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Default Re: MD26E Drop-ins - single XM-L2, triple 219, quad XP-G2, XM-L2 mule

These look great
    ... is the archimedes peak

Where are these available for sale? Prices?
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

these look top notch!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo_331 View Post
    Where are these available for sale? Prices?
    Just custom orders. But I could offer some of them here on CPF, if there is a demand for quality drop-ins. Right now, the most expensive one is the Quad, which would cost $130, incl. everything. But there are also some special editions like a regulated MTG-2 Drop-in as mule or with aspherical lens, and also the "Hepta Mule", with 7 XM-L2 LEDs.

I think, I'll keep this thread updated.

Regards,

Vinz

Excellent looking drop ins. These might get me back into p60 lights again.

What sort of custom modes can you do? Can each level be a specified current?
    I'm Ryan.

Can you build another XM-L triple?

IS The quad XP-G2 spoken for ?

Fantastic looking work. Wow!
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

these look incredible! i might have to get some solarforce hosts now.

i would like to know more about your custom drivers.
    whats maximum voltage? how many modes? drive currents and such... is all this better done over PM?

Details on the drivers would be great - these look very nice and high quality.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by KuanR View Post
    Excellent looking drop ins. These might get me back into p60 lights again.

What sort of custom modes can you do? Can each level be a specified current?
    Almost everything. Yes, you could choose individual lumen on each mode.

Quote Originally Posted by texas cop View Post
    Can you build another XM-L triple?
    Yes, I just ordered some XM-L2 U2-0D, which are perfect for de-doming. They will be direct copper bonded. The new batch will be limited to 3-4 units.

Quote Originally Posted by CMAG View Post
    IS The quad XP-G2 spoken for ?
    Yes. There should be a little review on "the other forum" soon.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
    these look incredible! i might have to get some solarforce hosts now.

i would like to know more about your custom drivers.
    whats maximum voltage? how many modes? drive currents and such... is all this better done over PM?
    2.7-6V for the boost-buck with up to 1.5 amps (88-94% efficiency) and 2.7-4.5V for the linear ones with up to 6 amps. There is also boost-buck prototype with up to 2.25 amps, but it's still a early version with lots of bugs. Custom modes are possible.

BTW: Following a new RGBW-XM-L drop-in with a TIR/optic. It is very floody, but the beam quality is quite nice and smooth, even on a white wall. No visible donuts or artefacts.

Here the beamshots:

Regards,

Vinz
    Last edited by Norm; 07-17-2013 at 10:47 PM.

WOW

that color XM-L looks GREAT!!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

awesome, the RGBW-XM-L drop-in with a TIR/optic looks nice. i would like to get on a list for one if and when they become ready to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinz View Post
    Just custom orders. But I could offer some of them here on CPF, if there is a demand for quality drop-ins. Right now, the most expensive one is the Quad, which would cost $130, incl. everything. But there are also some special editions like a regulated MTG-2 Drop-in as mule or with aspherical lens, and also the "Hepta Mule", with 7 XM-L2 LEDs.

I think, I'll keep this thread updated.

Regards,

Vinz
    The quality of these drop-ins looks very impressive! I'm now subscribed to this thread.

The "Hepta Mule"sounds especially interesting!
    Here is a list of my lights.

Hepta mule....holy cow

How much Lumens do you expect for this?

Quad XPG2 or triple XML2, hmmmm. Could you make a triple XML using a Carclo lens? Or only a mule?
    tell us amout the regulated MTG2.
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Yeah, I'm interested in a MT-G2 dropin.
    Care to share more info?

- JonK

Dedomed XM-L's use XP-G optics.

I don't, sprechen sie deutsch so I don't know what it all said but on that German Flashaholic site Vinz also had pictures of an XML build with a copper "hull" or shell for the drop-in. Kind of a game changer for me. The work looks impressive, I can't wait to hear or read more. (I only speak Spanish and English)
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyhazzard View Post
    I don't, sprechen sie deutsch so I don't know what it all said but on that German Flashaholic site Vinz also had pictures of an XML build with a copper "hull" or shell for the drop-in. Kind of a game changer for me. The work looks impressive, I can't wait to hear or read more. (I only speak Spanish and English)
    That was basically the first prototype. They are usually made out of aluminium because copper has hardly any benefits as long as you mount the led on a copper pcb.

These are truly amazing, so thank you for sharing Vinz! I can't wait to pop one of these into one of my lights!

Any bean shots of the triple or quads?
    they do look like great quality units though

hope the specs get posted soon

yeah I've been trying to get more info to buy, do these fit an actual surefire 6P?

No it won't fit a Surefire 6P, but it will fit a Solarforce host perfectly. This is by far the most exquisitely made drop in I've even had...great work from vinz!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    ISO --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

thanks, that is too bad, that's kind of like saying you can buy a porsche GT3 crate motor, but it'll only bolt up to a civic tranny and chassis

Enlightened

Hey guys!

I had to finish some "aspherical lights" first, but I'll finish some new drop-in models in a few days and will update this thread then. Sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by outersquare View Post
    thanks, that is too bad, that's kind of like saying you can buy a porsche GT3 crate motor, but it'll only bolt up to a civic tranny and chassis
    LOL! I like the old Surefire hosts too. But have you ever compared a 6P to a P1D? Defenitly not a Civic!

The problem with the old Surefire hosts is that I can't use the battery tube to dissipate the heat due to many different variations (stock, OR bored, custom bored, etc.). They also had to be much shorter, with a additional spring, to compensate the different lengths of possible switch configurations. Building such a universal drop-in, is just too much of a compromise for my taste.

Anyway, following some pictures of my old 6P drop-ins (for McClicky switches):

^those LOOK so nice!

oh cool, I am still in for a 6P stock bore w/ clicky then, look forward to configurations and details

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast