interior diy cree xpg can lights

justinm001

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of replacing my gu10 bulbs with DIY Cree leds on mean well dimmable driver. has anyone done this before? I found a couple pics of exterior retrofits but nothing inside. I ahave a few gu10 leds but just not a fan. I'm thinking of using 12 cased in PVC and using the small led heat sink from rapidled.

I recently finished a DIY led build for my aquarium and that was simple and easy. Are the xpg Cree leds good for interior lighting or are they too strong. The goal is to have 12 sources of dimmable lighting instead of 6 bright ones. also I currently use insteon home automation for a few lights and would love to keep this going.

btw, have a smart home insteon led bulb and it works great for $30 and its smart. I used it to replace the light in my hood above our stove and connected it to the insteon switch in our kitchen.

adrienporter

Newly Enlightened
One of my friend these but the review which he gave me was not upto mark as he said that after some times it does not work properly and if one light stops working then the other also stop working, so just think and then do.